What's new
World Wide Stereo

New home..setting up theater room (1 Viewer)

Cristofer Thibodeau

Auditioning
Real Name
Cristofer Thibodeau
Hi, I just built a home and wired in a 7 channel system I’m wondering if I’m better going 7.2 or if 5.2.2 Atmos would be a better option...this I a basic drawing of my layout...the 4rears are ALL in ceiling. please give me your thoughts...I am concerned that being that all the rears are essentially height speakers I could lose the effect of Atmos

Attachments

• 7B56AE2D-9B2E-4E94-B65B-C416C0574DFA.png
    7B56AE2D-9B2E-4E94-B65B-C416C0574DFA.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DigitalDawn

Agent
Real Name
Dawn Luks
You can't have any front or surround speakers in the ceiling with Atmos. Those "listener level" channels need to be at ear height for the best Atmos performance.

How far is your seating from the back wall? Can you relocate your ceiling surrounds to ear height?

Cristofer Thibodeau

Auditioning
Real Name
Cristofer Thibodeau
Thanks for the info...back wall is WAY too far it’s a large L shaped room and the theater part is just in the small part of the L if that makes sense...sounds like 7.2 it is

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What I would try to do in that room is 5.1.4. If you can put side surrounds on the side walls near ear level, straight out from the sitting area, keep the rear ceiling speakers where they are (or preferably move them back a little) and move the current side ceiling speakers forward, to be roughly half way between the TV and the rear ceiling speakers. I hope that makes sense, but I think that will be a big improvement from the layout you currently have going.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks