What's new

New House - Living Room Upgrades (1 Viewer)

JMichael28

Auditioning
Real Name
James
I am looking for recommendations on how to best approach my dilemma. I will start by explaining the equipment that I already have. This equipment was in a multi-use room at my last house and was designed and based off information/research done around 2010.

Current Main Equipment:
42" Panasonic Viera Plasma
Onkyo TX-SR876
SVSound 5.1 Speaker Package with a PB-2000 Subwoofer

I have since moved to a new house and have completely redone the house in the last two years. The area I am currently looking to "treat" is our living room space. It is an open floor plan with the kitchen and dining room being right next to the living room (see the attached pictures). The living room is used daily and will be used to watch TV, movies, blue rays, etc. I have started to check out televisions and I am really interested in the Sony x930e. I was also looking at pairing it with a soundbar potentially (perhaps the Sony ST5000). After thinking on this for a day and a half, I started wondering if I should use my SVSound speakers and subwoofer and upgrade my receiver instead of buying the soundbar. I may face some challenges with the sub placement, but I may be able to figure something out.

I am just looking for some thoughts, ideas, comments, concerns, etc. that may help me figure out the best approach. I am looking to at least by the television before the Super Bowl. :)

Attachments

• Kitchen to Living Room .jpg
    Kitchen to Living Room .jpg
    1,007.1 KB · Views: 220

ionion

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
I am looking for recommendations on how to best approach my dilemma. I will start by explaining the equipment that I already have. This equipment was in a multi-use room at my last house and was designed and based off information/research done around 2010.

Current Main Equipment:
42" Panasonic Viera Plasma
Onkyo TX-SR876
SVSound 5.1 Speaker Package with a PB-2000 Subwoofer

I have since moved to a new house and have completely redone the house in the last two years. The area I am currently looking to "treat" is our living room space. It is an open floor plan with the kitchen and dining room being right next to the living room (see the attached pictures). The living room is used daily and will be used to watch TV, movies, blue rays, etc. I have started to check out televisions and I am really interested in the Sony x930e. I was also looking at pairing it with a soundbar potentially (perhaps the Sony ST5000). After thinking on this for a day and a half, I started wondering if I should use my SVSound speakers and subwoofer and upgrade my receiver instead of buying the soundbar. I may face some challenges with the sub placement, but I may be able to figure something out.

I am just looking for some thoughts, ideas, comments, concerns, etc. that may help me figure out the best approach. I am looking to at least by the television before the Super Bowl. :)

the Sony x930e is a good choice, we've received good feedback from customers

Best regards,
MI
https://www.ionavt.com/solutions/residential/home-theater/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks