What's new
World Wide Stereo

Newby here....looking for advice on a dedicated home theatre (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tate101

Auditioning
Real Name
alan ewasiuk
Thought I would see if I could pick the brains of people who know much more about this than myself. Here is what I need some help with: building a dedicated home theatre room in our new house room will be 13 x 16 with a 9 foot ceiling plan on putting in a floor riser, insulated ceiling and double drywall on the walls for soundproofing I have a budget of $6500 for equipment which needs to include projector, receiver, screen, speakers, remote and cables. How much should I be budgeting to have the room wired? Is a 100 inch screen adequate? Should be rectractable or fixed? I have seen some screens for as little as $500 and some as much as $2600.....what price point do you get your best bang for the buck? Is there any type of screen that one should consider over the other? These are some of the items that I have been looking at purchasing: LG CF181D projector MX 5.1 sound system or Definitive procinema 800 series Elite Cinetension 2 electric screen URC MX-450 remote Outside of the projector I really don't know where I should be spending my money....is it better to spend more on the screen or on sound and AV reciever? or something else? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks T

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I'm also in the process-I'm moving into a new house this week, and don't claim to be an expert. However, I've been planning for awhile. If you're trying to get the best bang for a buck, you might want to consider building your own screen. There have been a number of good treads on the subject on this forum and the AVSforum, and the materails for a frame and fabric, wall paint or other methods look like less than $100 for a good size screen. You'll be limited to a fixed screen though. I haven't seen any posts that said they didn't like what they made and scrapped it for manufactured screen. I'm planning on making my own.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
So we'll better close this thread then and concentrate on the other one.

Welcome to the forum, Alan!

Cees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks