What's new
World Wide Stereo

Onkyo 656 PC connection sound issues (only from some sites) (1 Viewer)

Ringside

Auditioning
Real Name
Ross Ward
Hello all,

A couple of days ago, my son was watching TV, and he told me the sound had stopped working. I checked a couple of things, thinking maybe he'd hit something on the remote control by mistake, and found out that what he said was only partially true.

We have a mini PC in the living room, and use it to stream from Netflix etc. Now I found that there's no sound when using Youtube or Netflix, but if we go to WWE Network, everything is still fine.

I have no idea what could be causing this, can anyone shed some light on it?

I did factory reset on the receiver and remote and things are still the same.

Thanks all.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ringside

Auditioning
Real Name
Ross Ward
I forgot to say...I have 2 identical mini PC's, used in different rooms. I swapped them and the behavior was the same. So the issue somewhere lays between the receiver and the TV.

I've also tried swapping HDMI outputs and inputs.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Welcome!

Sounds like an Audio Return Channel [ARC] issue. ARC is a notoriously unreliable protocol but since it was working before, I would look at the audio settings for the receiver. Try "Stereo" and see if that restores sound.

Here's a good tutorial that may help.

https://www.cnet.com/news/what-is-audio-return-channel-arc/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks