What's new
World Wide Stereo

Panasonic DP-UB820 2019 Holiday Sale (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Robert, wanted your opinion on this. Do you think this (or an equivalent model) will still be available from Panasonic at some point next year, probably closer to the end of the year than the beginning?

I think this will be my player of choice when I’m ready to upgrade but I don’t anticipate being able to do so for some time.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Josh, can't say for sure, but Panasonic did tell me they have no successor planned for 2020 so the UB820 and UB9000 continue on as the current series for 2020.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Very nice Paul, you will love this BD player. FYI, they are on sale for $399 and no tax, brand new.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
The UB820 promotion ends on 4/25 and anyone with the name John who is a HTF member in good standing gets a bundle deal when they purchase the the UB820 with Spears & Munsil's 10 bit test disc.

Paul Bosquet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Very nice Paul, you will love this BD player. FYI, they are on sale for $399 and no tax, brand new.

So far loving it, watched The Thin Red Line (Criterion) last night and the image was beautiful on my meager 46” HDTV.

Next for me is a 75” 4K TV and soundbar/subwoofer setup, just waiting to see what the 2020 models have to offer.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Excellent Paul! Once you select the new 75" 4K HDR TV we'll help you get your UB820 properly configured for your new a/v system so you can take full advantage of the UB820's priority HDR Optimizer tone mapping and full color volume feature.

When you time permits check out HTF's thread on LG's new 2020 NANO TVs. Best price/performance TVs for 2020.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
We're considering opening up the offer to other HTF members with various names. Stand by for our list of eligible names.

BTW, clarification on the UB820 bundled with Spears & Munsil's 10 bit test disc. The UB820 is on the lowest sale ever at $399.98, which includes double boxed shipping Nationwide. Retail is $499. If you name gets on the list or for those who pose as John you are welcome to add the disc to your UB820 order for our net cost, which is $25, retail on the disc is $39.99.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
We're considering opening up the offer to other HTF members with various names. Stand by for our list of eligible names.

:laugh: Thanks, Robert, but I already bought a UB820 from you many months ago. I got a very nice player for a great price -- and avoided any legal entanglements from changing my name. :laugh:

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
@Robert_Zohn

IIRC you mentioned about getting with your Panasonic contacts about making the auto shut off user selectable with a firmware update. Did anything happen with that?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks