What's new

General Discussion Physical and Digital report card for 2019 (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
This is a reality that a lot of our fellow members are going to struggle with, as well as the answer to “Why isn’t [title] available on [specific physical media format] yet?”

I think physical is almost exclusively dedicated to "collectors" and HT enthusiasts at this point. I still find it odd some small labels like Vinegar Syndrome sell out almost everything they release (Rad, a forgettable movie from 1986 sold 12,000 units in record time) while others struggle moving their stock unless there is a sale like Twilight Time at their peak.

I believe if you house a BD in lenticular slip-cover that title is going to sell out.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
- Physical media sales were down 22%

*Physical media sales now make up only 9% of home entertainment spending.

*4K UHD usually makes up roughly 5% of disc sales, so 4K accounts for 5% of the 9%, which means...

If I'm doing my math right, 4K UHD discs make up 0.45% of home entertainment spending.

So people wonder why and bitch Disney is pulling the plug on 4K/UHD releases for Disney/Fox catalog titles. The question remains does Disney allow some of those catalog titles to be viewed as 4K digitals whether on Disney+ and Hulu or sold on Vudu/Fandango and Amazon?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tennispro786
Recent bookmarks