What's new

Picture and Sound Quality Issues with Cable DVR. (1 Viewer)

BluHT

Agent
Real Name
D Manning
I have a cable box (courtesy of Time Warner Cable) connected to my new (bought last spring) Denon AVR-1912 receiver. My Pioneer 50-inch plasma is also connected to my receiver.
I've long noticed — even before I upgraded to my current receiver — that the sound and picture quality from the cable box is problematic. The audio exhibits a constant humming that is especially noticeable during quieter moments. And there are horizontal bands that extend the width of the screen and that move up and down; they're especially visible during darker scenes or when the screen is black.
Neither of these issues is present when the receiver is switched to other inputs, such as my PlayStation 3.
What is causing this and how can I alleviate it/clean it up?
In the past service calls to the cable company did not reduce the noise problem at all.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If this solves your problem...
http://www.amazon.com/Viewsonics-VSIS-EU-Cable-Ground-Isolator/dp/B0017I3K9M/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1348208206&sr=1-1&keywords=cable+ground+loop
Great...if not you got a bad one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfarrukh
Recent bookmarks