What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Police Squad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81pB9MLyWRL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I love this series, but having it on DVD, I wonder if it is going to be such an upgrade that I need to re-buy it on Blu.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I love this series, but having it on DVD, I wonder if it is going to be such an upgrade that I need to re-buy it on Blu.

I would guess it will look a bit better than the DVD, though it will most likely be in the 4:3 aspect ratio of its time.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have the DVD set, and I was solicited by CBS/Paramount to review the Blu-ray set, so I'll do a comparison if I get the set to review.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s just nice to see Paramount putting out physical media at all, and that it’s a TV show on Blu-ray is pretty incredible for them these days. Good on them!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It’s just nice to see Paramount putting out physical media at all, and that it’s a TV show on Blu-ray is pretty incredible for them these days. Good on them!

Yeah, this came out of the left field. I thought it would be an overseas exclusive along with TOP SECRET. That's how it was originally revealed. Still wondering if TOP SECRET will follow for U.S. customers, but if not, it's available on digital and often goes on sale for $5.

It's rather great that we are finally getting this.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
Paramount left the commentaries off of the blu ray release of The Naked Gun 2 1/2 and 33 1/3 when they existed for DVD. Just not a good track record with this franchise going to blu ray. I have a few DVD's I have kept over the years due to omissions when they received a HD release.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Isn't the problem always licensing? A commentary may be licensed for one format and then not for another.

I don't think studios just omit extras for any reason that it's costing them more money to include them.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Paramount left the commentaries off of the blu ray release of The Naked Gun 2 1/2 and 33 1/3 when they existed for DVD. Just not a good track record with this franchise going to blu ray. I have a few DVD's I have kept over the years due to omissions when they received a HD release.

Don't blame you for keeping the DVDs-- shame that the Blus omit certain special features.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks