What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Predictions for 2018 (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well it looks like the tv releases for September from the WB Archives are the following:

Young Sheldon Blu Ray (1st season)
Step by Step (second season)
Perfect Strangers (fifth season)
The Middle (ninth season)
Lethal Weapon Blu Ray (second season)
Mom (fifth season)

There may be another one that I missed. It's an interesting mix of new series and older ones. While I'm not sure Step by Step and Perfect Strangers would be classified as "classic," but they are older than current running programs.
I was hoping for an animated release or two, and perhaps the finishing up of the Jamie Foxx program, but it is, what it is. Maybe these releases will clear the deck for older ones in October and November.

Just my thoughts. James

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well it looks like the tv releases for September from the WB Archives are the following:

Young Sheldon Blu Ray (1st season)
Step by Step (second season)
Perfect Strangers (fifth season)
The Middle (ninth season)
Lethal Weapon Blu Ray (second season)
Mom (fifth season)

There may be another one that I missed. It's an interesting mix of new series and older ones. While I'm not sure Step by Step and Perfect Strangers would be classified as "classic," but they are older than current running programs.
I was hoping for an animated release or two, and perhaps the finishing up of the Jamie Foxx program, but it is, what it is. Maybe these releases will clear the deck for older ones in October and November.

Just my thoughts. James

Weve reached the point that, yeah, for all intents and purposes, Perfect Strangers and Step By Step qualify as "classic".

Perfect Strangers is what, slightly under 30 years old, and Step By Step is over 20.

In fact, anything from the pre-DVD era probably counts now.

And yeah, this is based on age only, not a judgment on quality. I mean we'd still call Gilligan's Island and My Mother The Car "classic".

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I was trying to articulate this thought on how "we" used to hear about some releases three months in advance. Now, I'm not only talking about DVD releases, but about soundtracks, books, and other projects. www.tvshowsondvd.com was/is a great help in letting us know about what's coming out and their new facebook page has done an excellent job in letting us know about things such as the High Chapparal second season just two days ago. So I can't use that as an excuse.

But it seems studios are keeping release news more to their vests these days. Does it seem that way to you?

James

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I was trying to articulate this thought on how "we" used to hear about some releases three months in advance. Now, I'm not only talking about DVD releases, but about soundtracks, books, and other projects. www.tvshowsondvd.com was/is a great help in letting us know about what's coming out and their new facebook page has done an excellent job in letting us know about things such as the High Chapparal second season just two days ago. So I can't use that as an excuse.

But it seems studios are keeping release news more to their vests these days. Does it seem that way to you?

James
Part of this is because release dates may change the closer we get to seeing them come out.

~Ben

Filmfanatic10

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
F
But yeah, I'd love to see either Warner Archive or Shout! Factory release a complete series set of the early 1990s cartoon Capitol Critters on DVD. And I'd also love it if Warner Archive releases the animated Baby Blues series on DVD.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well, with Mr. Novak confirmed that just leaves the Blue Knight for unreleased series for 2018 that was mentioned some time ago.

James

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
For November's tv releases, it looks like:
Whose Line is it? Season 1
What I Like About Your Season 3
Step by Step season 3
Mr. Novak season 1
Babylon 5 season 1
(re-release)

Have to admit I was expecting Jamie Foxx season 5, an HB release, or the Wayun Brothers. Does anyone think there'll be some classic tv releases for December? And as I posted earlier, a year ago, there was mention of the Blue Knight series coming out in 2018? So they still have one month to make it, if WB Archives have releases scheduled for December.

James

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Step by Step season 3
Mr. Novak season 1
Babylon 5 season 1
(re-release)

Have to admit I was expecting Jamie Foxx season 5, an HB release, or the Wayun Brothers. Does anyone think there'll be some classic tv releases for December? And as I posted earlier, a year ago, there was mention of the Blue Knight series coming out in 2018? So they still have one month to make it, if WB Archives have releases scheduled for December.

James
Some projects take longer than others to restore before being released... it's only natural. But they will be released eventually. Patience will pay off.

~Ben

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Some projects take longer than others to restore before being released, it's only natural... please, just be patient.

~Ben

Dear ClassicTVMan1981:

I'm sorry if I sounded impatient. That was not my intent. Do you think WB Archives will have some December releases?

James

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Dear ClassicTVMan1981:

I'm sorry if I sounded impatient. That was not my intent. Do you think WB Archives will have some December releases?

James
James,

I would hope so. Other than the H-B releases, a lot of them do not matter to me. I would rather some of these (including the H-B releases) come out late than come out with imperfect restorations. It is best we give them time.

~Ben

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Step by Step season 3
Mr. Novak season 1
Babylon 5 season 1
(re-release)

James
Given their normal December pattern of taking December off I would say no. Just some more re-releases and collections. They have already announced a couple blu ray collections of movies for December so that's a good indication that we probably won't see anything new in December.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I can only hope some of these delays are not related to the reorganization going on at WBHE as of late and the focus on digital releases...

I am pretty sure there will be more cartoon-related DVD releases from Warner Archive in 2019... in addition to The New Fred and Barney Show (1979) and the Blu-Ray edition of Jonny Quest (1964-65, 1986), I am looking most forward to...

Hanna-Barbera
1. The Adventures of Gulliver (1968-69)
2. These Are the Days (1974-75)
3. Trollkins (1981)

Ruby-Spears
1. Fangface (1978-80)
2. Goldie Gold and Action Jack (1981)
3. Police Academy: The (Animated) Series (volume 2, 1988-89)

~Ben

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GAMark
Recent bookmarks