What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Prison Girls (1972) (3-D Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81IGnv+Q4qL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Finally. A beautifully crafted prison drama based upon Austen’s Sense and Sensibility.

If you loved Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - a wonderful spin - Prison Girls 3D will not leave you wanting. I’ve always loved Mr. Ebert’s review.

”During the past week, I have seen the end of “The Blind Dead,” the beginning of “The Devil’s Widow” and two of the three dimensions of “Prison Girls.” Here is my report.
“Prison Girls” was the toughest because the right lens fell out of my 3-D glasses and got lost on the floor. That was the whole ball game right there.

From what I could understand of the dialog, the movie was about a group of girls in prison who were given two-day leaves in order to go home and appear in sex scenes for the movie.

There were very few scenes in the prison itself, I was sorry to see. From what I could determine (it was a little hard with the 3-D images overlapping), there was a scene in the prison psychiatrist’s office, and that was about it. Why no prison?

The first explanation that leaps to mind is that the movie was so cheap they couldn't afford prison sets. But, no, that doesn't make sense, because the current wave of prison movies was INVENTED to save money on sets. If you shoot a whole movie in a motel room, the audience is going to notice that you're cheap with the sets. But if you shoot a whole movie in a prison cell, everybody understands because the characters are locked in anyway. So I guess “Prison Girls” didn't have a lot of prison sets because it was a big-budget exploitation movie. Maybe.

Anyway, I was disappointed, because whenever I go to a prison movie, I always look in the cell next to the cell where the main characters are. Burgess Meredith used to be the guy in the next cell, and I wanted to see if he ever got out.” - Roger Ebert

One of those special films that actually depends upon 3D for the very rationale of its existence, which is the overriding reason to pick up a copy. From what I can ascertain it wasn’t easily available in it’s original 3D form.

From another review - this one from the web…

Review by Calum Iain MacIver ★★½
Directed by Tom DeSimone from a “script” by Lee Walters, “Prison Girls” must be one of the most logic-free, nudity-filled, super-scuzzy, sleaze-laden women (not) in prison films I’ve ever seen. The story starts with six incarcerated women having a very realistic fight in the prison showers before being summoned to the warden’s office to be told their passes are safe. Apparently the six are having a weekend out of jail to assist assimilation back into straight society. All six head for a sexual experience – one returns to her pimp; one has her first orgasm; one gets gang raped by a group of dirty bikers; two get into a threesome and the last one heads back to her paranoid criminal lover. Needless to say, this is a low budget, taste free, badly directed, poorly acted, sex-filled extravaganza. There is some nonsense about a prison psychologist, which I didn’t follow, which seems to offer a pretext for the copious nudity and sex. Making the film worthwhile, however, is Candy Samples, who appears as one of four women having their breasts extensively painted and the great Uschi Digard, who shows her fighting prowess in the prison shower smackdown and who as Cindy gives her boyfriend a right good seeing to before the cops turn up and put an end to their shenanigans.”

But rising above all the negativism are the film‘s titular stars including Annik Borel, and now firmly in 3D, what more does one need?

Can’t wait to see this!

Last edited:

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
It’s better than The Stewardesses, with just a handful of scenes in the prison (including the shower, natch) and a few guffaws (SCTV-type 3D but in actual 3D, of the “have an ashtray” variety, and a scene where a guy interrupts a four-way sexual encounter to shove a stuffed pheasant’s tail feathers at the camera).

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Sold out at Kino Lorber. ordering more:

KNOWN DELAYS (Currently On Order):

• Diva (Blu-ray)
  • A Douglas Fairbanks Double Feature: Robin Hood and The Black Pirate (Blu-ray)
  • Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Blu-ray)
  • It Takes Two (Blu-ray)
  • Magnum Cop (Blu-ray)
  • The Phantom Of The Opera (Blu-ray)
  • Prison Girls 3-D (Blu-ray)
  • Staying Alive (Blu-ray)
  • To Live and Die in L.A. (Blu-ray)
  • The Tomb of Ligeia (Blu-ray)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Sold out at Kino Lorber. ordering more:

KNOWN DELAYS (Currently On Order):

• Diva (Blu-ray)
  • A Douglas Fairbanks Double Feature: Robin Hood and The Black Pirate (Blu-ray)
  • Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Blu-ray)
  • It Takes Two (Blu-ray)
  • Magnum Cop (Blu-ray)
  • The Phantom Of The Opera (Blu-ray)
  • Prison Girls 3-D (Blu-ray)
  • Staying Alive (Blu-ray)
  • To Live and Die in L.A. (Blu-ray)
  • The Tomb of Ligeia (Blu-ray)
Any cinephile of taste and discretion needs Prison Girls 3-D in his or her library.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks