What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Prisoner of Zenda 1979 Spanish Blu Ray Question (1 Viewer)

stevenHa

Second Unit
Can someone who viewed it comment on the quality of this disc - is it an improvement over the dvd (I know sometimes Spanish blu rays are of questionable quality) ?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Can someone who viewed it comment on the quality of this disc - is it an improvement over the dvd (I know sometimes Spanish blu rays are of questionable quality) ?
It's always good to be cautious of these editions, this is why it never hurts to ask. Just remember, just because a titile is dropped on to a Blu ray does not make it a remastered BD. Check reviews here and on other forums for a better concensious. I bought the DVD-R from Universal, it'd ok...but a 2K or 4K restoration would be great!! Is this the BD you were talking about?

Attachments

• 51uX++YZ4QL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    51uX++YZ4QL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 719tcrsk5-L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    719tcrsk5-L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 22

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
FWIW -- Divisa is reported on almost all sites as 100% legit and has licensed deals with at least a couple Hollywood Studios,
I can't say anything about the disc itself, but everything I can find says it's probably legit. I have read of people who bootleg Divisa discs and put non-licensed movies in something with Divisa labels, but those aren't listed on the Divisa Website like Zenda (1979).

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
The Spanish bootleg is about as awful as you would expect. It’s always frustrating to know that elements of one sort or another are floating around out there, revealing to all that there is a market for deep catalog on disc if only the real rights holders would get off their lumps and actually do them the justice they deserve. Personally, extremely tired of rights holders poo pooing bootlegs when they offer no alternative except their whining. Put your legit version out and put the bootleggers out of business. Or quit you grousing. It’s a bore!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The Spanish bootleg is about as awful as you would expect. It’s always frustrating to know that elements of one sort or another are floating around out there, revealing to all that there is a market for deep catalog on disc if only the real rights holders would get off their lumps and actually do them the justice they deserve. Personally, extremely tired of rights holders poo pooing bootlegs when they offer no alternative except their whining. Put your legit version out and put the bootleggers out of business. Or quit you grousing. It’s a bore!
Agreed but forwarned is foreamed. The was an outfit in Greece that were BL as well, not sure if they're still around but, it never hirts to pass it along.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks