What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Quentin Tarantino Hatches ‘Star Trek’ Movie Idea; Paramount, JJ Abrams To Assemble Writers Room (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
6B5B9BD2-958E-4897-B27C-42981D5A23F0.png

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Well, Tarantino wanted to do a Bond film with Brosnan and I would have liked to have seen that. But I suspect the same thing will happen with Star Trek, the Powers that Be might not let it happen.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Well, Tarantino wanted to do a Bond film with Brosnan and I would have liked to have seen that. But I suspect the same thing will happen with Star Trek, the Powers that Be might not let it happen.
Yeah, I'd love to see what he could do but I don't think Tarantino could make a movie the way that he likes in the world of $250 million franchise movies.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Quentin Tarantino is the most talented writer/director alive today. His love for Star Trek TOS, and his gift for dialogue and great storytelling I think this could be one if the best Trek films if it happens. Will it be "R" rated?

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I'm no prude, I watch all kinds of movies and a lot of them have language and violence, but I would hope that it's not a typical "R" rated Tarantino movie. It just wouldn't feel right for Trek. Makes for good jokes though, like the meme above.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm no prude, I watch all kinds of movies and a lot of them have language and violence, but I would hope that it's not a typical "R" rated Tarantino movie. It just wouldn't feel right for Trek. Makes for good jokes though, like the meme above.

I think Tarantino respects the source material too much. He wouldn't do that. I'm sure a PG-13 will be just fine.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Tarantino was a huge CSI fan and directed two of the best episodes of the series. You could see Tarantino flourishes here and there, but they were wholly CSI...he was putting his touches on in service of the story, not bending the show to his whims.

That alone makes me think he'd do a fantastic job. He'd want to make a Star Trek film. I bet it would be a fun change of pace for him.

The only downside...he just signed to do a new movie, due out in 2019. So that means this would be what, 2021 at the soonest? I'm sure it would be worth the wait, but what a wait for the next Trek film.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I pooh-poohed the idea that the Fast and the Furious guy could make a decent Star Trek picture, especially with a last minute screenplay slapped together by one of the actors and a TV writer nobody's ever heard of. And it ended up being the best of the Abrams era.
I'm a big fan of all of Abrams' movies (Trek and otherwise) but yeah, Beyond was the best of the lot & a ton of fun.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
As long as it's not too self-referential, it could be very good.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
While I am hit an miss with his movies, he is a better writer then any of the writers so far on the reboots. I'd love to see it happen.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Wow! Is this what the world needs, more pretentious crap by Quentin Tarantino? I would find it impossible to sit through like all of his “movies”. I hope this never happens!

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Wow! Is this what the world needs, more pretentious crap by Quentin Tarantino? I would find it impossible to sit through like all of his “movies”. I hope this never happens!
Yes. This is what the world needs. :P

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I think Tarantino is very good at what he does, but I'm skeptical. I wish there was some way to see a snippet of what a Tarantino Stark Trek movie would be (ala the famous Deadpool 'trailer' that sold TPTB on making the movie).

If he's a fan like MacFarlane is, then I think he could do something great. But I've seen similarities within his films that I wouldn't want to see in Star Trek.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks