What's new

Question about the quality of amazon's MOD DVD-R's (1 Viewer)

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I've been trying to collect a lot of the WAC DVD's that haven't been released on blu-ray yet. I recently bought a bunch of pre-owned WAC DVD-R's for a really good price. i noticed a number of them were Manufactured by amazon. I know some people have complained about amazon's DVD-R's not playing correctly but so far i haven't had any playback issues with any of mine yet. I'm wondering if anyone has noticed a difference in picture quality, compression or files size between MOD titles manufactured by amazon and the ones manufactured at the factory by Allied Vaughn and sold to all other stores? did they both use Dual Layer discs?

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Most regular posters in this forum who have both numerous pressed DVDs and numerous DVD-Rs from Warner agree that the picture quality is about the same and that the DVD-Rs do not go bad on them!

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Most regular posters in this forum who have both numerous pressed DVDs and numerous DVD-Rs from Warner agree that the picture quality is about the same and that the DVD-Rs do not go bad on
Okay thanks, I haven't experienced any going bad either but i read in another forum people complaining about them and saying to avoid them. It's reassuring to know i didn't waste my money.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Most regular posters in this forum who have both numerous pressed DVDs and numerous DVD-Rs from Warner agree that the picture quality is about the same and that the DVD-Rs do not go bad on them!
Same with me, I have a mix of both pressed DVD's and DVD-R's from Warner Archive and thankfully I haven't had problems with either one although my preference is pressed DVD's.

Jenny Peerey

Agent
Real Name
Jenny
I agree. I prefer Pressed as well. Picture quality seems good. I am interested more in TV on DVD rather than movies. These TV series discs are the ones very difficult, if not impossible to obtain! I love a physical disc better than Streaming. But again, that's just me! I have finally learned to stream and it's good, but it again is not a disc I can put in my hands!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks