What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Questions & Comments On My Three Sons (1 Viewer)

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I noticed that Me-TV is just about finished re-running the first 2 seasons of My Three Sons. I recorded a lot of the episodes on my DVR. I heard in some of the episodes, the same replacement music was there like when it was aired before and like on the DVDs. However, on a few episodes, it seemed like some of it was the original music. I can't tell for sure though. Has anyone noticed anything different? Most of it anyway is probably the same replaced music cues. Awful. We may never see episodes from the early years with the correct music cues or unedited episodes, for that matter. If anyone recorded episodes from years ago from other cable channels, they are lucky. At least the episodes I'm sure had the correct music cues, even if some episodes were edited. One other thing, I recorded the episode "Katie's Career" from Season 12 last year off Me-TV. Katie gets a job as a coffee house singer, but the episode was edited with Tina Cole's singing removed. Boy, was I disappointed! What is the point of showing this episode that is about her singing, but it doesn't even show her singing?

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Plus Me-TV crops the picture. I recorded them, too (to my DVR hard drive), but I'm not going to bother editing out the commercials. I'm just going to put them on disc so I have them if I want to watch them again

Montytc

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Montavon
I should pay more attention to this forum. I was unaware that Me-TV had shown the later seasons. I would love to see those since they were the ones I first remember watching. I am currently working my way through the season 4 DVD's.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Plus Me-TV crops the picture. I recorded them, too (to my DVR hard drive), but I'm not going to bother editing out the commercials. I'm just going to put them on disc so I have them if I want to watch them again
That's a good idea.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I should pay more attention to this forum. I was unaware that Me-TV had shown the later seasons. I would love to see those since they were the ones I first remember watching. I am currently working my way through the season 4 DVD's.
Me-TV aired the entire 12 seasons. I am not sure if every single episode was aired, but most of them were for sure. They started back to Season 1 earlier this year and today finished airing the last episode of Season 2. Unfortunately, most are like the DVDs with those replacement music cues. I am not sure if Me-TV is continuing to run the rest of the series again. They have Andy Griffith scheduled starting next Monday, May 4th in that 7:30 AM ET time slot. It could just be temporary or perhaps it will be in a different time slot later.

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
I give MeTV a lot of credit for uniting the syndication packages of “MTS”, “Bonanza”, “Gunsmoke”, and “Petticoat Junction”. You can watch all of those shows from beginning to end, on one channel, for the first time since their original network airings.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
If anyone recorded episodes from years ago from other cable channels, they are lucky. At least the episodes I'm sure had the correct music cues, even if some episodes were edited. One other thing, I recorded the episode "Katie's Career" from Season 12 last year off Me-TV. Katie gets a job as a coffee house singer, but the episode was edited with Tina Cole's singing removed. Boy, was I disappointed! What is the point of showing this episode that is about her singing, but it doesn't even show her singing?

I was curious because I haven't seen that episode on Me-TV, so I watched an old set made from the Hallmark airings, and both scenes where she sang are on it. The first one is of her auditioning for the owner of the coffee house, and the second scene is Steve and Uncle Charlie going to the coffee house to check it out and hear her sing. When the camera is on Steve and Uncle Charlie talking, you can still hear Katie's vocals in the background. Are you telling me they cut those scenes or did they somehow eliminate her audio? I imagine with the scenes gone, the episode ran fairly short. I wonder why it was okay back then to air her singing on Hallmark, but not on Me-TV???
Here are some screen caps of her singing (one of the audition and the other on the job) and of Steve and Uncle Charlie listening to her.
PDVD_064.JPG

PDVD_162.JPG
PDVD_152.JPG

PDVD_043.JPG

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I was curious because I haven't seen that episode on Me-TV, so I watched an old set made from the Hallmark airings, and both scenes where she sang are on it. The first one is of her auditioning for the owner of the coffee house, and the second scene is Steve and Uncle Charlie going to the coffee house to check it out and hear her sing. When the camera is on Steve and Uncle Charlie talking, you can still hear Katie's vocals in the background. Are you telling me they cut those scenes or did they somehow eliminate her audio? I imagine with the scenes gone, the episode ran fairly short. I wonder why it was okay back then to air her singing on Hallmark, but not on Me-TV???
Here are some screen caps of her singing (one of the audition and the other on the job) and of Steve and Uncle Charlie listening to her.
View attachment 72161
View attachment 72162 View attachment 72163
View attachment 72164
The entire scenes of her singing were cut when Me-TV aired it last time.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I also know Me-TV cuts scenes in other episodes of MTS as well as other shows. It is called fitting in more commercials. It is even more prevalent than it was when these shows were originally first in syndication.

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
Yeah - these shows were originally 24 or 25 minutes on CBS/ABC, and they cut a minute or two out for the first syndication cycle. They probably run for 20 min at most these days.

I remember the Tina Cole episode was particularly short on MeTV, because they clearly didn’t have the rights to whatever she was singing.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Yeah - these shows were originally 24 or 25 minutes on CBS/ABC, and they cut a minute or two out for the first syndication cycle. They probably run for 20 min at most these days.

I remember the Tina Cole episode was particularly short on MeTV, because they clearly didn’t have the rights to whatever she was singing.
Probably. It was the song "The Fountain".

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie

Half hour TV shows in the 60s were typically 25 to 26 minutes in length with typical length being in the 25 1/2 minute range. Hour length shows were 51 to 52 minutes in length.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Me-TV showed that episode with her songs intact a couple of years ago.
Interesting. Well..when they aired it the last time a few months ago, it was definitely cut out. I am not sure why they would show it one time and the next not show it.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
One of my all time favorite shows, sadly MeTV has just taken the show off. I am enjoying the Mayberry RFD episodes though.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Mayberry RFD is only there for the month of May as part of a promotion. My Three Sons will be back in June.
Good, as I haven't purchased the DVD releases starting with season three so hopefully they'll start with that one.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
One of my all time favorite shows, sadly MeTV has just taken the show off. I am enjoying the Mayberry RFD episodes though.

So it isn't only for the month of May that MTS is off the air? I thought perhaps they might put it back on next month when the extra episodes of Andy Griffith were finished in the morning time slot. I know Me-TV is airing extra episodes of Andy Griffith and Mayberry RFD as a special promotional thing all during May.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Sorry. I just saw someone post that MTS will be back on in June. That is what I figured. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks