What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

R.I.P Phyllis Coates (1 Viewer)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
phyllis_coates_h_15.jpg

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
By the way, she was my favorite Lois Lane growing up in the 1960s.

Noel Neill always got the best press, but most people I know who watched The Adventures of Superman as kids seemed to prefer Coates. Back then, I preferred Neill, but in watching the series on DVD, I came to appreciate Coates' take on the character more.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Interesting Ms Coates was the better Lois Lane for the time then Ms Neil made the part just a special too GOD Bless them both and Bless George Reeves Jack Larson John Hamilton they all created the best tv of the 1950s am

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Phyllis seemed to have a stronger presence on TV and movies than Noel after their individual runs in the series were over. I noticed Phyllis is quite a few TV shows from the 1950s and 60s including Perry Mason.

At any rate, she had a long and fruitful life. I hope she rests in peace!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Phyllis seemed to have a stronger presence on TV and movies than Noel after their individual runs in the series were over. I noticed Phyllis is quite a few TV shows from the 1950s and 60s including Perry Mason.

At any rate, she had a long and fruitful life. I hope she rests in peace!
I always thought she showed more spunk and toughness as Lois Lane than Noel.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi all,

A friend of mine who was a close friend of Phyllis said she was a joy to be around and at times, could be just as “spunky” as her Lois Lane character.
BTW…my friend got her to sign a personally autographed picture for me.

John

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
A quote from her NY Times obit.

In 1953, while she was still portraying Lois Lane, Ms. Coates told The Times that her 4-year-old daughter questioned (as many fans did) why Superman’s Clark Kent disguise fooled people, even though it was just a pair of glasses, a hat and a suit over his Superman outfit.

Her daughter, Ms. Coates said, “just can’t understand why I can’t see through Superman’s disguise in the telecasts. She thinks I’m quite stupid about the whole thing.”

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks