What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Rainmaker (1956)? (1 Viewer)

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
Wondering how strong the interest may be for Rainmaker(1956), starring Katherine Hepburn and Burt Lancaster.

DG

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
Admittedly, my movie knowledge is quite weak. Nevertheless, I have the impression that this title is sort of an "also ran" in the "cinema races".

I guess one (i.e., me) assumes the risk of hindering a cause, rather than helping it, when posting a "Let's show the love for thread.

But, perhaps, the "star power" of the main characters will be sufficient.

Regards,

DG

Sean A

Stunt Coordinator
I'm surprised this hasn't come out already . Paramount recently released 2 other films (Come Back Little Sheba and The Rose Tattoo ) which paired Burt Lancaster (at the time, a huge star) with a female lead in a theatrical adaptation. Paramount probably figured that Lancaster had enough star power to bring audiences to these films, since the female leads were either unknown to film audiences (Shirley Booth), foreign ( Anna Magnani), or slightly faded as stars at the time (Katherine Hepburn).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks