What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Reacher (2022) - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
And yet for a show that repeatedly emphasized, "details matter," in the final episode we see Reacher in full dress blues and an atrocious 5 o'clock shadow.

Minor quibble that made me laugh.
You are going to quibble about a scene where he was flying (probably) last minute a decade (or more) previously to see his mother after getting "come quick, mom is dying message" from his brother? Maybe he wasn't a Special Investigator back then.

Last edited:

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
Viewed episode three earlier today. Still enjoying the series quite a bit, particularly the chemistry between the three principal cast members, the pacing of the series, and a good bit of the dialog.

All arrows seem to point to Kliner, but the series may be doing a bait and switch. Of course those of you who have finished season one already know, don't you? :)

For those who haven't gotten to episode three yet, I'll spoiler this comment regarding the final five minutes of episode three...

While it is a fool's errand to look for moral direction from an action oriented thriller, I do have to say I was a bit conflicted about how Reacher dispatched the two antagonists. Sure, they weren't boy scouts and they wouldn't have hesitated to shoot Reacher if the situations were reversed, but it left me a bit uneasy that he would just drop them without giving them an opportunity to surrender.

On the other hand, Reacher stated at the end of episode one that he was going to find everyone responsible for his brother's death and kill them, so silly me to assume otherwise. :)

Question: What type of gun did Roscoe give to Reacher? Kind of looked like a .44 Magnum Desert Eagle, but I was curious if anyone had any other opinions or knowledge from the novel.

- Walter.
Um, no. He dropped 2 paid killers who had guns out before they could drop him.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
OK, late to the party.

I have not read any of the books, I have rewatched the 1st movie 6 times and the 2nd movie maybe once.

When I saw this thread earlier (pre-release) I read a few comments, noted the bulk difference in the character, but wasn't sure if the actor would be good (unfamiliar with him) or just an action Lummox.

This weekend I binged 1-5 one evening then finished off 6-8 the next day.

Wow.

It was great. I thought Ritchson was convincing and not particularly limited in portraying a taciturn loner. I thought the action scenes were very well done for the most part. I have the same reservations in the climactic battle where a veteran doesn't upgrade to rifle and takes way too much abuse from an inferior opponent he refused to disarm. That also happened in the scene at the Hubble's where he fights the psycho before killing him in the pool. At various points in those fights where Reacher blocks he could grab the weapon and rip it out his opponent's grasp with sheer strength/leverage/torque and the other guy is coming out of it with wrist damage most of the time.

I wasn't expecting the level of graphicness in the murder scenes.

Overall I was happy with the acting and writing.

Looking forward to S2.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
So S2 Filming set to start in the fall. The book is Bad Luck and Trouble

So my fiancee put it on and we binged it again. Friday I think.

One thing that really comes out, is how great the pacing is. It moves forward and doesn't drag.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks