What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Restoring The ‘Mutt & Jeff’ Cartoons For Blu Ray - Kickstarter (1 Viewer)

RockinPins

Agent
Real Name
Mauricio Alvarado
Hi everyone, my name is Mauricio Alvarado and I’ve been working on restoring the Max Fleischer cartoons with his granddaughter, Jane. Aside from that work, I’ve managed to get completely obsessed over the ‘Mutt & Jeff’ cartoons which are sadly being neglected.

FAE205D0-13ED-4C6F-BE71-40947B99274B.jpeg

I opened up a Kickstarter to work on scanning, restoring and releasing these shorts on blu ray. We’ve already started this mission last year so we are looking to get some additional titles from an archive in Europe.

Thank you for taking the time to look!

Mutt & Jeff Kickstarter

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo

Those who donate 30.00 will get a blu ray 50.00 a blu ray-shirt and pin!

Last edited:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
The driving force behind this seems to be the individual who owns Rockin Pins, which would be very much in line with the products that they are associated with. They are also connected with Max Fleisher.com, so possibly a Thunderbean release? Or possibly a Cartoons-on-Film release? As the kickstarter states it's an all or nothing, so lets see what happens, film preservation of early last century animation, seems like a worthy cause.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Thanks Robert! Here’s a look at one of the deteriorating prints from the LOC:

My pleasure ---- so much film history on the brink! Hope you reach that goal ASAP!
The driving force behind this seems to be the individual who owns Rockin Pins, which would be very much in line with the products that they are associated with. They are also connected with Max Fleisher.com, so possibly a Thunderbean release? Or possibly a Cartoons-on-Film release? As the kickstarter states it's an all or nothing, so lets see what happens, film preservation of early last century animation, seems like a worthy cause.
I am not involved just a fan --- more toons are always good I wish him luck! Hope he makes his goal!

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I attempted to gather more information via the rockinpins website, which does not seem to be active.

There are many questions that should be answered before this is funded.

RockinPins

Agent
Real Name
Mauricio Alvarado
I attempted to gather more information via the rockinpins website, which does not seem to be active.

My website is up but it’s mostly a store, feel free to ask me any questions and I can answer. Just wanna save this stuff!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo

He has licensing deals with these firms And on the podcast he says Film Foundations wants to help with some Paramount toons I think it was The Extras - the guy that always has Mr F on just did one with this guy too - so if not legit many scammed https://www.theextras.tv/podcasts/blog-post-maxfleischer-071122

Last edited:

RockinPins

Agent
Real Name
Mauricio Alvarado
Here’s another podcast I did with ‘Cartoon Mess Live’ where we discuss our restorations efforts and show off some of the toons we are working on!

RockinPins

Agent
Real Name
Mauricio Alvarado

Hey Robert, I am currently working on restoring the Fleischer library with Max's granddaughter Jane. For this project specifically, I have the help from Lobster/Blackhawk Films in scanning them. Feel free to ask me anything about the project and I will answer.

This will be an official 'Mutt & Jeff' product as I have secured a license with the owners of the characters. (Who knew they were still owned) This will allow me to offer official merchandise alongside the Blu-Ray. I hope to offer some great goodies that match the era in which they were made.

Thank you

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Well he is on his way - hope he succeeds! So much film needs to be saved - a window to the past. Thank heavens for people like RAH and all the others that save film. Ironic that people like Roddy McDowall got in trouble for collecting prints and trying to preserve history. Ironic that at one time Hollywood lost interest in the treasures in their vaults and video and Ted Turner created a demand for classics as did Disney. There is still demand. But sadly some are all run by lawyers - told you VCI has been discussing Flash Gordon for 1 yr now -- Heast/King Features handed the serials off to Lionsgate and they are still dragging their feet. Meanwhile VCI has the third Flash and could do a great blu ray now but want to do it right and someone just told me Lionsgate has not interest in black and white films ----- seems like we are going backwards in time.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Hey Robert, I am currently working on restoring the Fleischer library with Max's granddaughter Jane. For this project specifically, I have the help from Lobster/Blackhawk Films in scanning them. Feel free to ask me anything about the project and I will answer.

This will be an official 'Mutt & Jeff' product as I have secured a license with the owners of the characters. (Who knew they were still owned) This will allow me to offer official merchandise alongside the Blu-Ray. I hope to offer some great goodies that match the era in which they were made.

Thank you
GREAT info!

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

Thank you
Great news. Will contact you via message.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo

The kickstarter is doing pretty great! Thanks to the Forum! Again I am not involved just posting this --

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Slayer
Recent bookmarks