What's new

RIP Susan Blacklinie (Jaws) (1 Viewer)

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
One of the all-time great opening scenes in all of film, of course. She was 77. May she RIP.

JimJasper

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Grieves me. Powerful, shocking performance in Jaws: Susan remains unforgettable for so many of us fans. She was always terrific in interviews as well, & I heard she was pretty wonderful with fans over the years.

For those that don't know
Some of the strangeness of her iconic scene, was enhanced by the fact that most was filmed in
day for night. Then it was darkened and color timed in post-production for the night scene. This is why if you see some behind-the scenes-photos with Susan & crew working during the water scenes, they in bright daylight.

* about Backlinie's casting, "She was 28 years old when the nationally ranked swimmer and professional diver played the skinny-dipping victim [Chrissie Watkins]. When gunning for her first movie, Backlinie knew she could offer Spielberg something another actress couldn't. Backlinie told Spielberg, 'If you use me, you could get close-ups during the stunt itself. If you use an actress, she'll have to hide her face,' ....per, Laurent Bouzerau's book
Spielberg: The First Ten Years.

You'll be missed, sweet Susan :emoji_heartbeat:

1715569335279.png

1715570450735.png

1715570343318.png

1715570543115.png

1715570711165.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slp22
Recent bookmarks