What's new

ROCCO AND HIS BROTHERS (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Rocco and His Brothers starring the great Alain Delon along with Claudia Carinale is avaliable from both Criterion and Eureka. Alain and Claudia both starred in The Leopard which was also directed by Luchino Visconti. Rocco is a story based on an Italian family moving from rural Italy to the city of Milan. The audio is in original Italian and French dub with English subtitles. I purchased the Eureka release, Master of Cinema, with the Blu-ray taken from a 4K restoration. The Blu-ray comes with a milti page booklet providing details about the production. The shades of the black and white picture look really good. I tested the Eureka Blu-Ray and can confirm it is locked Region B. (To eliminate chanaging regions in players I have an LG 4K player set to Region B and use Panasonic and Sony 4K players for region A)

Attachments

• Rocco.jpg
    Rocco.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 48

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Luckily the restored version was released on blu ray here in the US. It is also available to watch on the Criterion channel and it can be purchased online at Kino now. A great film!
B9F62253-9175-4600-AEAA-5B1F935D8BA2.jpeg

Attachments

• 06387471-A82D-4E3F-8D54-D49F224B20C9.jpeg
    06387471-A82D-4E3F-8D54-D49F224B20C9.jpeg
    619.3 KB · Views: 45

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Luckily the restored version was released on blu ray here in the US. It is also available to watch on the Criterion channel and it can be purchased online at Kino now. A great film! View attachment 142000
I don't know if it will be part of Kino's sale later this month, but it's on sale at Amazon right now for $19.99 which is 50% off.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Rocco and His Brothers starring the great Alain Delon along with Claudia Carinale is avaliable from both Criterion and Eureka. Alain and Claudia both starred in The Leopard which was also directed by Luchino Visconti.
They also appeared together in a film seemingly forgotten by Sony: Lost Command, directed by Mark Robson and photographed by Robert Surtees with Anthony Quinn in the leading role. Why this film is not yet out on Blu-ray disc is a mystery.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
It's my al time favourite film. I have watched in many times and I never fail to be moved. by the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
totoattack
Recent bookmarks