What's new

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
The Academy Award-winning Roman Holiday manages to charm, warm, and conjure as many smiles today as it did back in 1953. A testament to the stars aligning so magically. I suppose those stars align like that on any legendary collaborative art, but there is something so bewitching about the result here. The scene where Bradley and Princess Ann first meet, with Peck’s perfectly gentlemanly response and Hepburn’s sleepy, drunk-like meandering as she is shuffled from a public bench to the safety of Bradley’s apartment, is still one of the most fun and well-timed sequences there is. Very highly recommended.

Roman Holiday (1953)

Released: 02 Sep 1953
Rated: Not Rated
Runtime: 118 min

Director: William Wyler
Genre: Comedy, Romance

Cast: Gregory Peck, Audrey Hepburn, Eddie Albert, Hartley Power
Writer(s): Ian McLellan Hunter (screenplay), John...

Continue reading...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Somebody asked about audio sync issues with the Blu-ray release. However, I didn't notice any such issues with this 4K/UHD release.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Somebody asked about audio sync issues with the Blu-ray release. However, I didn't notice any such issues with this 4K/UHD release.
Me either. I'm using a Denon AVR-X3700H. I can check specific scenes if any have been called out, but I didn't notice anything awry in my viewing this morning (though it was hard to see things in the closing scenes when I got a little weepy again) :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Me either. I'm using a Denon AVR-X3700H. I can check specific scenes if any have been called out, but I didn't notice anything awry in my viewing this morning (though it was hard to see things in the closing scenes when I got a little weepy again) :)
At a later date, you would at least thought the princess would have given Joe an exclusive interview. :laugh:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
And thank you for the review. I would consider myself a Roman Holiday superfan, but even so I'm not sure I will get this release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks