What's new
World Wide Stereo

Rules: XML Codes/Pre-Orders (1 Viewer)

hellmutt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bob
Sam Posten said:
Hey Bob, we welcome you to do weekly threads if that's helpful. There are a LOT of reasons why these posts aren't easily editable and some are tech based and some are designed to prevent things like revisionist history. I definitely sympathize with those requests. In the absence of that it's best to just start new threads when the need arises. We're happy to lock any thread you want but it's usually not necessary, just let old ones slide into obscurity.

Thanks for the suggestion, I may do that :) I also really like that my old thread has some nice compliments in it which always helps when asking people to trust you online... I'd hate to lose those. so I'll think about it for a bit.

728x90

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
We DEFINITELY have heard you guys that a reputation system would be helpful. No clue how hard it would be to implement something like that but it's noted for sure.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Note: All sales are from the US marketplaces by default. If your code is from another country you are welcome to note (even highlight that, if say you trade Canadian codes regularly).

Under no circumstances are you to encourage the use of proxies or other mechanisms to use these codes. Yes, this is different than buying a region free DVD player and no we aren't going to have a debate about it. Just note what country it's from and leave it at that.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Noted a few XML and points/credits sales creeping back the last few weeks. I try to be both polite and vigilant about locking those threads when I see em. If I miss something please feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to have it removed so that we have a consistent fair ruling for everyone here.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Something new to be absolutely clear on: if you purchase codes with the intention of redeeming them in another country which you are not a resident and cannot redeem those codes for any reason, HTF will not assist you in refunds in any way. Buying codes from other countries and redeeming them through dubious solutions like VPNs is highly risky and you are on your own if they fail to work in any way.

Sellers: please alert buyers to this fact if you are aware at any point in the transaction. Do not encourage it, please.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Just a reminder that we don't allow credit sales here. No Credits, no Coupons, no XML.

It's really simple guys:
You have a code, the other side has money.
You have money, the other side has a working code for a specific movie or TV show.

Sometimes seasons full of shows, you get the point.

lundgren

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Lundgren
Sam Posten said:
Just a reminder that we don't allow credit sales here. No Credits, no Coupons, no XML.

It's really simple guys:
You have a code, the other side has money.
You have money, the other side has a working code for a specific movie or TV show.

Sometimes seasons full of shows, you get the point.

There are a few codes here that I want to buy, but haven't purchased codes from an individual. I've read here that paypal isn't good for this, what services are good for this exchange?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Paypal is fine. If you want to insist on avoiding Friends and Family buys that is smart on your end but we do NOT force sellers to cater to that. They can insist on selling via F&F if they want, perfectly ok with HTF, but it does put ALL the risk on the buyer.

If something goes wrong with a trade it is much harder to get it straightened out, if at all, if you use F&F so I recommend you only do so with established sellers.

If a new seller insists on F&F, well that spells trouble. I recommend you avoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks