What's new
World Wide Stereo

Sanyo Z3 projector problem (1 Viewer)

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Has anyone had this problem? Sanyo Z3 with low hours use worked fine until I recently hooked up an Oppo 981 running at 720p. About an hour into a movie the picture goes out with pinky/purple pixelated brightly washed out screen. The remote will no longer work and the projector has to be shut down via the power switch on the back. When it is turned back on, it seems fine. I have not tried the reset feature yet. Does not happen every time, but it has happened 3 times.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I have a Z3 and an OPPO dvd player as well ( different model though) and from time to time, at power on the screen is green and kind of flashy. I turn the oppo off and back on and all is well. That is the only problem I have had with this combo.

You might contact both Sanyo and Oppo's customer service. Oppo is very prompt in responding, as is Sanyo, but , Oppo seems to care...

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
I'll add, if you find out that turning off the Oppo and turning that back on cures the problem, don't cycle the projector off and on. Every off-on cycle of the projector lamp shortens its life especially if the turn back on is less than a half hour after turn off.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Since it only happens approx 1 hour into a DVD, I wonder if the triggering of the layer change was causing a hiccup in the processor of the projector. I will try your suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks