What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Sci-Fi From The Vault: 4 Films (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81KqBbkyI3L._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
3 of the 4 titles are already out on BD, the only one not with the singular release is "The 30 foot Bride of Candy Rock", a later day Lou Costello 1959 romp. One of the only times Bud wasn't involved in the mix!

Attachments

• 30 Foot Bride.jpg
    30 Foot Bride.jpg
    413.7 KB · Views: 36
  • MV5BMmYyNDEyNjMtYTI0Zi00ZDcxLTgzNGItNTlmMjlmYWFjNWU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5Nzc4MDY@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BMmYyNDEyNjMtYTI0Zi00ZDcxLTgzNGItNTlmMjlmYWFjNWU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5Nzc4MDY@._V1_.jpg
    1,009 KB · Views: 33

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Odd that a lot of these sci-fi horror films are given super-deluxe releases by Indicator/Powerhouse in the UK, then are simply farmed out to Mill Creek on this side of the pond. Happened also with a number of the Hammer films.
Arrow did a wonderful job in the Sam Katzman Collection!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
That's another Mill Creek release, and bare bones. So the new set is just another repackaging.

View attachment 159720
For the other 2 titles I went with PowerHouse /Indicator. Right now with the pound so low, we can get some mighty deals, if you act fast!!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
For the other 2 titles I went with PowerHouse /Indicator. Right now with the pound so low, we can get some mighty deals, if you act fast!!

I have the original Sony blu-ray releases-
1666730528713.png
-
1666730758059.png
and the the Mill Crack 2-fer
1666730576933.png
of the Harryhousen related films The MC was allegedly a Best Buy Exclusive. Then I bought the PowerHouse/Indicator Harryhousen sets which repeated some of the Twilight Time discs.
The SONY releases offered colo(u)riz(s)ed versions and ported special features in SD from the related DVDs ...

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
does this have a single release anywhere else, UK or OZ? i already have all of the other titles and no offence to MC, but i am not taking a step backwards from Indicator to this release.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Price dropped to $17.99. I'm not fond of MC's constant repackaging of product but that price is "good enough" for the 2 titles included that've not already been released by them. Still... I'd rather get them elsewhere but only "Creature with the Atom Brain" has an alternate source BR. As best as I can determine, "The 30ft. Bride of Candy Rock" only has a DVD-R or digital release.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Odd that a lot of these sci-fi horror films are given super-deluxe releases by Indicator/Powerhouse in the UK, then are simply farmed out to Mill Creek on this side of the pond. Happened also with a number of the Hammer films.

Perhaps no one else on this side of the pond was interested. It would be even odder, though, if someone like Shout/Scream wasn't.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Did an A/B BD of CREATURE WITH THE ATOM BRAIN and it's the same print as the Icons of Horror Sam Katzman DVD.

Also, BD of THE 30 FOOT BRIDE OF CANDY ROCK. Same print but a tad longer...1.13.34 vs 1.13.30.

If you already have the DVDs, no need to upgrade, the DVDs are that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks