What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Sean Connery in SHAKESPEARE'S AN AGE OF KINGS (BBC, 1960) (1 Viewer)

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
url
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MYIQJU/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=] What I really want to see are Connery's performances as Mountain McClintock in Rod Serling's REQUIEM FOR A HEAVYWEIGHT (BBC, 1957) and his John Proctor in THE CRUCIBLE (BBC 1959). Both teleplays are said to survive and circulate among collectors.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Anyone keenly interested in Sean Connery's early work should be aware that a DVD of the film On The Fiddle will be released in April in the U. K.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
1944f4d4_OnTheFiddle.jpeg
Thanks for the heads up on ON THE FIDDLE. An easy comic performance from Connery as the not-too-bright sidekick of Alfred Lynch. They're a pair of hustling privates in a RAF service comedy from director Cyril Frankel. I might as well add that pre-Bond Connery also stars in ANOTHER TIME ANOTHER PLACE (1958), TARZAN'S GREATEST ADVENTURE (Warmer Archive 1959), and two crime noirs on Anchor Bay DVDs, HELL IS A CITY (Hammer, 1960) and THE FRIGHTENED CITY (1961). There's a scene in the latter in which Connery gets fed up with how things are going and so goes over the fence, crosses the yard, climbs up the pipe to the second floor and goes in the window to confront the bad guy with such casual physical grace you can just see 007 in his immediate future.
4e25d9e0_AnotherTime.jpeg
b24f6ae3_HellIsACity.jpeg
7fe0fe2f_FrightenedCity.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTheBob
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale