What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Press Release Shout Factory Press Release: The Getaway (1994) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
437763489_1200977774592595_1114966706244556369_n.jpg

Kim Basinger (L.A. Confidential) and Alec Baldwin (Glengarry Glen Ross) set the screen ablaze in THE GETAWAY, a steamy and stylish action-packed thriller that delivers rapid-fire excitement and heart-pounding suspense!

This ShoutFactory.com EXCLUSIVE Blu-ray is limited to 2,010 units. Order yours now: https://shoutfactory.com/products/the-getaway?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=getawayfb

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've never bothered to see this version because the original works so well for me. Is this second version any good? I suspect Kim Basinger could do the female lead better than Ali McGraw whom I've always found a bit weak.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I love Alec Baldwin :emoji_heart: and I would like to purchase this film only for him, but it's available only in US! :angry:
I guess I should find and buy an expensive copy from ebay again!

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I've never bothered to see this version because the original works so well for me. Is this second version any good? I suspect Kim Basinger could do the female lead better than Ali McGraw whom I've always found a bit weak.

I saw it when it was released to theaters. I recall little about it at this point. I do remember feeling that the Peckinpah version was a much better film. I believe what this one was most famous for was a sex scene with Alec and Kim where the set was cleared because they decided (they were in a relationship at the time) to actually have sex in front of the cameras. If I remember, Baldwin said something like "We're only doing this one time." and the two went at it. Now, it's edited in the film so it is not really cut like an X-rated scene but the legend is that it was full on X-rated when they shot it. So, the big difference and selling point on this one was the sex and nudity in the film. Kim is a stunningly beautiful woman so there is that.

I think the part I most wondered about when this was coming out was, would they use the ending from the novel, because that is weird and dark as hell. They did not.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I saw this one in theaters when it was released in 1994. Loved it back then. Already ordered and Shout is already shipping these out. Looking forward to seeing it again!

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I think it's a great remake. I've had the good looking German Blu-ray for some years now (Auf der Flucht), I see it's still available, & only 8 euros. There was some disappointment at the time of release that it was the censored version (the lovely Kim still gets her kit off, but not as much as in the uncensored version), so, which version is this new release?

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I think it's a great remake. I've had the good looking German Blu-ray for some years now (Auf der Flucht), I see it's still available, & only 8 euros. There was some disappointment at the time of release that it was the censored version (the lovely Kim still gets her kit off, but not as much as in the uncensored version), so, which version is this new release?
It is the "uncensored unrated" version as confirmed by Shout Factory.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop

It's definitely a remake of the Peckinpah film as it follows his script and not the novel by Jim Thompson. I think it would have been interesting to include the final section of the novel but I assume that was seen as so dark and twisted nobody would want anything to do with it. I get that, I mean the end of the novel was so disturbing and depressing it made me feel sick to my stomach.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Can anyone who has received this, post any screenshots here?
I'd like to see it first, before giving 100 euros (or more) for it at ebay...

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
I have the HD-DVD that Universal released back around 2008. It's a nice transfer, much better than the non-anamorphic DVD, and it is the unrated version. I like the movie enough to get Shout's new Blu-Ray I guess, but I do prefer the Peckinpah version.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Watched this last night and enjoyed it! I know many will find flaws in the BD but, honestly, I have never seen the movie look this good. By my eyes, it looked wonderful, crisp and clear. Audio was also loud and clear. No problems at all. There were a handful of shots that looked a little soft but I imagine that was the camera work or the original film. Colors popped nicely. Overall, definitely worthy of a purchase. What a fast-paced action flick! Loved seeing it again.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
So, I bought this eventually from bluraysforeveryone.
(Being a foreigner I couldn't order from Shout).
It's one of the very few times (if not the only one), I ordered something without having seen one single screenshot!
By my eyes, it looked wonderful, crisp and clear.
By "clear" I really hope you don't mean degrained, do you? :unsure:

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
So, I bought this eventually from bluraysforeveryone.
(Being a foreigner I couldn't order from Shout).
It's one of the very few times (if not the only one), I ordered something without having seen one single screenshot!

By "clear" I really hope you don't mean degrained, do you? :unsure:
It didn't appear to be brushed. It seemed filmic to me and had a nice light layer of grain. It wasn't VERY grainy so maybe "some" DNR-ing was done to it. But it wasn't a constant grain show for me. But, then again, neither makes it unwatchable for me. I found it to be a really nice viewing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks