What's new

Press Release Shout Factory Press Release: Used Cars (1980) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
used.png

Synopsis​

"HILARIOUS BLACK COMEDY." – Time Out
"SAVAGELY FUNNY." – The Onion A.V. Club
"RIOTOUS ... INVENTIVE ... MEMORABLE" – TV Guide
Director and co-writer Robert Zemeckis (Forrest Gump, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, the Back To The Future trilogy) is the engine behind Used Cars — the hilariously raunchy salute to those supersalesmen who'll offer lemons while putting the squeeze on you.
Rudy Russo (Kurt Russell, Escape from New York) has what it takes to be top salesman on Luke Fuchs' (Jack Warden) car lot — he's the most charming man who'll ever lie to you. Caught up in a feud between Luke and his brother/rival Roy L. Fuchs (also played by Warden), Rudy gears up for an all-out war. Employing his gifts of gab and grift — along with increasingly outlandish sales tactics — Rudy shifts the battle for sales supremacy into overdrive, turning the lot into a high-octane free-for-all!

Bonus Features​

• NEW 4K Scan From The Original Camera Negative
  • Interview With Producer/Co-Writer Bob Gale
  • Audio Commentary With Director/Co-Writer Robert Zemeckis, Bob Gale, And Actor Kurt Russell
  • Outtakes
  • Radio Interviews And Spots
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Alternate Trailer
  • TV Spot
  • Photo Galleries
November 15, 2022

product.png

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Interesting choice for a 4K release.

It is, and as huge a fan I am of this film, I won't be upgrading.

Fortunate for the format, there are a lot of titles like these being released to 4k.

At the same time, I really have to wonder how much a film like USED CARS will benefit in 4k over the Blu-ray.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure

Fortunate for the format, there are a lot of titles like these being released to 4k.

At the same time, I really have to wonder how much a film like USED CARS will benefit in 4k over the Blu-ray.

Who knows, Shout's most likely picking handful of titles that are about to expire and get them out before some other company acquires the rights next.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

I'm of the same mind, Ron, but I'll wait until I read a few reviews before deciding whether or not to pass on this one. If it looks great, well, I'll probably bite just because I want to support releases like this and want to see more of them. Shout has been doing some good work on 4K catalog titles.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Who knows, Shout's most likely picking handful of titles that are about to expire and get them out before some other company acquires the rights next.

What a great response. Had not thought of that. Brilliant move on their part on maximizing sales on a title before losing it.

I'm of the same mind, Ron, but I'll wait until I read a few reviews before deciding whether or not to pass on this one. If it looks great, well, I'll probably bite just because I want to support releases like this and want to see more of them. Shout has been doing some good work on 4K catalog titles.

I’ll keep an open mind on an eventual purchase but it would have to be on sale.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As one of the few people that actually watched Used Cars in a movie theater and immediately loved it, I'm going to wait before I upgrade too. I'm not a particular fan of Shout! Factory releases because of their reputation of using older transfers and the lack of pricing discounts. I'm in a wait and see mode with this particular 4K release.

Scott Voth

Stunt Coordinator
$34.98?!?
That price is TOO F*CKIN' HIGH!
But 50 bucks never killed anybody and don't forget about that protective yellow primer. I loved this movie when it came out and we were quoting it all the time. I have it on DVD and it's time for a view.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
But 50 bucks never killed anybody and don't forget about that protective yellow primer. I loved this movie when it came out and we were quoting it all the time. I have it on DVD and it's time for a view.
Yes the “50 bucks never killed anybody” scene is another great one. A shame we had to watch the 57 Chev die a cruel death though. Funny dialog exchange in that scene-
Mickey- “Does it run?”
Luke- “Does it run? Like a dream.”
Mickey- “Yeah, well for $2400, it’d better run like a...wet dream.”

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ontocloud9
Recent bookmarks