What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Silk Stalkings Seasons 6-8: Finally! (1 Viewer)

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator
Only a 14-year wait. :P While my main draw was to the first cast, I have also wanted these last three seasons with the third set of detectives of Ryan and St. John released.

Glad to see Mill Creek finally make this a reality! At first, I thought the price was steep, but it breaks down to just a little over $13 a season, so not bad for such an old show.

Glad this one can be taken off the waiting list. Roll on, October 1st! :)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
A lot of Mill Creek releases seem to tumble quickly into the bargain bins.

With that being said, I would be up for a complete series dvd set of Silk Stalkings. This and Star Trek TOS reruns were the only two tv shows I regularly watched during the 1990's.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I love Silk Stalkings with Cassie ST John (Janet Gunn). I have target Silk Stalkings for my DVD collection and i may add 1-5 seasons down the road. I lived in USA from 1998-2001 and remember sunday nights schedule had pacific blue and silk stalkings.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am looking forward to Cassie St John era of the show as she was hottie back in 1990s! I like to get the other seasons down the road when my budget can afford the sets!!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Will be interested to read any comments on the episodes' transfers in Mill Creek's DVD set of the last three seasons of Silk Stalkings, when the set is released in three weeks (the release date was pushed back from 1st October to 22nd October). Just guessing that there could be as many as six episodes on one or more discs in the set, with 66 episodes being spread across twelve discs. Also wondering how Mill Creek will place the discs in the DVD case. Am hoping they won't be piled/stacked on top of one another.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I live in the USA from 1998-2001 and used to watch Silk Stalkings and Pacific Blue on Sunday Nights. I hope to get S1-5 down the road, but the price/shipping are to costly!

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
As much as I liked watching Silk Stalkings back in the 1990's, I don't know how I will react to watching seasons 6-8 again over 14 years later. Back in the day, I really liked this show a lot.

In the intervening years since then (ie. after y2k), I was watching a lot of other procedural cop shows with similar styles and themes, such as CSI Miami, the Law & Order franchise, etc ...

Awhile ago I found the old "best of season 1" dvd in the bargain bin for $1, which had four episodes from the first season of Silk Stalkings. I didn't really get around to watching this dvd until recently. I remember watching some of these episodes back in the day, but I now found them to be kinda quaint and almost "mundane" compared to the type of procedural shows I've been watching in recent years. This dvd felt almost like watching a "slow motion" version of CSI:Miami.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have received my set after a few weeks of delays. I love season 6-8 dueto the fact I like Janet Gunn work with Chris Potter. I plan to get S1-S5 down the road when it goes on sale!

I have few episodes from S6-S8 and they are just the way I remember watching them 15 years ago. The funny thing about the watching the episodes is that West Palm Beach is supposed be the location, but the actually shooting took place in San Diego. If you look close enough then you will see mountains and/or scenary that is not likely to exist in West Palm Beach!!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I watched an episode last night were Cassie goes under cover as prisoner. The episode was very similar to the Charlie's Angels episode in S1. The only difference is that Cassie was not de-louse on camera, but the rest episode was similar as the prison was running a prostitution scheme.

It is quite amazing how some shows re-use similar story lines from other shows! I can understand if the writers were the same, but I did not think Stephen Cannel was a writer for Charlie's Angels!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I love how the Silk Stalkings is based in West Palm Beach, but it hardly resembles anything to do with West Palm Beach - see below

1. There is no such thing as Palm Beach Police Department as it is the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Department that is responsible for the policing in Palm Beach County.

2. There are no mountains areas in Palm Beach county so many of the scenes show the San Diego county as such it does make it unbelievable that it was film in Palm Beach County

3. Ocean scenes are believable as long as there is no back drop to San Diego skyline. The back drop to San Diego skyline happens from time to time as you see the bridge and/or San Diego Hills

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.