What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Netflix So You Think You Can Dance (Season 18) (2 Viewers)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Is anyone watching the latest season of So You Think You Can Dance? It’s been two years since the previous season. And with the bad news about Nigel Lithgow, I thought the show might be truly done. It’s clearly been struggling the past five years. But here we are. A new season. New judges.

And it’s terrible.

Seeming budget cuts have gutted show, cut the episode count in half or more, and radically changed the format to remove the best choreography and emotional experiences.

But other than that, the dancers and judges are good. If only we had time to actually enjoy the dancers and see them progress.

Last edited:

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
The last season was barely watchable because of the gutting of the episodes, the loss of Mary and Nigel as judges, and introduction of JoJo Siwa. JoJo is truly terrible at judging.

This season is somehow ever worse. Terrible is an understatement. The format is a total disaster. JoJo needs to vanish back into her little corner of the internet.

The first audition episodes are notable in that they were clearly shot with Nigel in the room, and then a combination of reshoots (of just the "reactions" and comments) and literal digital deletion and addition of his replacement judge. It's insane!

We abandoned it. And we almost never give up on a show part way through a season.

The only good thing was Cat. Best host on TV.

We won't want again until the old format is restored (at least somewhat).

Kandids222

Auditioning
Real Name
Tee Anderson
I can’t stand watching these dancers. They look like cheerleaders. The choreography is limited. The judges aren’t qualified. It’s boring. There were dancers that were cut that should have been chosen. It’s so hard to watch. Cat is amazing. She is the thread holding it together…barely. I use to love this show I just fast forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks