What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Netflix Amazon Prime Some questions about digital content. (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
So my biggest question about digital streaming services is, why isn't there an index that shows you every possible title that service is carrying? Alphabetical, by year, anything. Maybe I'm missing it but I have never noticed this feature on .Amazon Prime, Starz, CBS, or Netflix.
I have stumbled completely by accident onto shows and movies I really like completely unaware they were ever available in the first place. From a sub category "because you liked ----"

Why not just have "TV from the 60's" for example, And then alphabetically list every show available in that capacity?

Again maybe I'm missing it and there is something like this search tool, but I haven't noticed it. The thing I hate about subscribing to these streaming services is the "shell game" content search.

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I don't think there's any way of doing it in the apps themselves, but there are other listings out there like this one:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Hbo and the new Peacock list every movie in alphabetical order.
So does showtime I think.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Hbo and the new Peacock list every movie in alphabetical order.
So does showtime I think.

Peacock's app is pretty much a clone of Hulu's (but then, so is the service :unsure: ), which also had endless alphabetical scrolling pages under "All Movies/Shows" back when I subscribed.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
In the case of Netflix at least, I think this is by design. They won't even let you search their catalog for a specific title unless you're a member. An A - Z list would expose the vast drought in their catalog at any given time, something I think they would much rather we didn't focus on.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
In the case of Netflix at least, I think this is by design. They won't even let you search their catalog for a specific title unless you're a member. An A - Z list would expose the vast drought in their catalog at any given time, something I think they would much rather we didn't focus on.

Exactly what I was thinking. It makes for a very awkward way of finding (or missing in my case) content on their platform. Unless you know exactly what you're looking for, there is a disconnect happening all the time.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Exactly what I was thinking. It makes for a very awkward way of finding (or missing in my case) content on their platform. Unless you know exactly what you're looking for, there is a disconnect happening all the time.

Yeah, they also completely mess up other search engines' attempts to determine if they have specific titles available.

I often wanna quickly determine if they (or some other service) currently has a title available before choosing to (blind) buy something on sale from iTunes, but their system seems to make Google and especially Rotten Tomatoes' search results very unreliable (w/ found links often not working properly) at least on my iPhone...

_Man_

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
To Catch A Thief is now available in 4K UHD on Amazon streaming for a ridiculous price of $24.99!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks