What's new

Sony DVD-NS75H - Loading Issues? (1 Viewer)

Jeff F.

Second Unit
I just bought this player last night and hooked it up. Wonderful picture and sound and does a great job upconverting. One thing I did notice is that it takes quite a while for a disc to load. One in particular stood out while testing it - it took 45 seconds to load disc one of the director's cut of the first "Lord of the Rings." Most other discs took 15-20 seconds to load.

Is this normal for this machine - can it possibly be scanning the disc for errors before loading - or is there a possible problem with it?

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Jeff,
I have the NS70H, that player's immediate predecessor.

The first time I tried to play LOTR/FOTR EE Disc 1 it took so long to load I thought the player was defective. It finally loaded and played beautifully. I also have never had such a long load time for any other dvd in this player.

I don't know the reason for the long load time but can only conclude that it's normal for this player loading that disc.

I have since bought a Tosh HD-A1 HD-DVD player and even it doesn't take as long to load as the Sony loading LOTR.

Jeff F.

Second Unit
Steve:

Thanks for the reply. It seems to only have issue with that one DVD, but it still loads and plays fine. Oh, well, I guess patience is a virtue with this player, but it's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petr
Recent bookmarks