What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Space:1999 Complete Series from SHOUT FACTORY! (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's nice that a Region A friendly version is finally coming out. I wonder how much difference they'll be with the NetworkTV Region B S2 sets that have been out there for a few years.

Please mods -- help that poor unfortunate title regain it's 9

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'm waiting on the inevitable Amazon pre-order link as I'm sure it'll be much less than from Shout! directly.

One good thing I read on their listing is the episodes will be on the discs in production order. No more shuffling discs!

I can't tell you how many times I've almost ordered the Network release. It's been as low as ~$45 US shipped several times. The only thing that's held me back is not owning a region free BR player and not really wanting to get one for just one program.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Space dollar ninety nine was a show about a discount bin in a convenience store.

1999 space .png

Last edited:

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Anyone going to order this from Shout's website so they can get the Space:1999 snowglobe???

From Shout's website:
Plus, the first 500 orders from ShoutFactory.com will receive a limited edition Space 1999 Snow Globe, created exclusively for this release!

This limited edition Space: 1999 Snow Globe features an Eagle Transporter landing on the Moon, and has a 4-inch circumference and sits on a 2-inch base.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
So Space 1999 is getting a re-issue, that is interesting. I might decide to order the DVD set because the discs I have from A & E are showing signs of disc rot and I don't know how long those discs will continue to play.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Anyone going to order this from Shout's website so they can get the Space:1999 snowglobe???

I wasn't gonna, but my wife was all "you know you want the globe..."

So, there ya go. Ordered. I'll consider the extra money the cost of the globe. I just hope all of the bonus features get ported over. I really like the Seed of Destruction reworking on the Network set to make it fit the first year.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
seriously, i walked outside and watched the skies for a hailstorm of meteors and was looking to see if hell froze over on the news, never thought this was going to happen

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Looking forward to this. These are the kinds of releases we need to support if we want a future for TV on blu-ray.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Got my order in. I hope these are the same great restored transfers that I've only seen in bits and pieces.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
And for those who bought the region A season 1 and just want season 2 to complete their set? Screw you! You can only get season 2 in the complete box! :D

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
And for those who bought the region A season 1 and just want season 2 to complete their set? Screw you! You can only get season 2 in the complete box! :D

Maybe Shout will also be releasing them individually at some point. For those who only need Year 2, it might be worth sending them some emails. Maybe they hadn't thought of that particular segment of the market.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Well, they put out the complete TJ Hooker on DVD, so if you had the Sony seasons you had to double dip. They haven’t split those up yet.

I didn’t mind, but I can imagine others would.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yashavi46
Recent bookmarks