What's new
World Wide Stereo

speaker advice needed an appreciated... (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It is always best to stick with 1 brand. The DV52 is even smaller than the Dayton. And around the same price.Or. If you keep the wood look. The V52 on EBay have been as cheap as $50 shipped.There is no difference, at all, in the tweeter/woofer V to DV.The difference is cabinet.If you don't care for the plastic DV52(black or white...would white work better?)...get a pair of used wood V52.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Oh yeah. The 52 and 62 use different styled dome.Same material...but.62 is outward dome.52 is inverted with a wave guide.You won't notice a difference.

diceman1000

Stunt Coordinator
Well guys, got my Dayton SUB-1000 and my B652s ordered yesterday. I went with the Daytons because of price and the fact that I have a killer pair of SEAS aluminum tweeters to replace the mylar ones that come stock. I tested out the center the other day, AWESOME right out of the box, can't wait to get the whole thing set up:D

Nemesis7575

Auditioning
Just got Infinity Primus 363s and I love them. You'd love them too I'm sure. Sounded more bright and detailed than Klipsch Icons which sounded dull when compared side by side with the Infinity's

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Congrats on the new speakers! Not surprising you preferred them over the Icons as apparently they weren't one of Klipsch's better efforts, or so I've heard (actually, I haven't heard them myself :blush: ).

Apparently the Infinity Primus 360's and 363's can be modified with very good results. Mostly linning the interior walls with sound deadening material and adding more internal bracing (Google).

I remember some previous buyers openning them up and finding loose connections and thin wire. Not un-expected considering the cost and mass production. The bass port was also thought to be mounted to close to the drivers and only 1" in length. One owner stuck a foam plug in the ports and added a slightly larger and deeper port closer to the bottom of the speaker. That was a risky and extensive mod (also killed the warranty) but as I remember he thought it worked out very well. Bass was deeper and less "bloated".

I added some sound deadening material to a pair of Beta 20's a few years ago and it did make a noticable improvement in the bass response.

Nemesis7575

Auditioning
Thanks for the info. I'm quite happy with the way the sound as is though. They sound fantastic..lolI haven't read a bad review about them yet plus I've had many pairs of Infinity's in my life and have never been disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks