What's new
World Wide Stereo

Speaker placement (1 Viewer)

CJD

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
Rough drawing but it gives an idea of the set up, would anyone have any ideas as to where would be best to place the speakers for a 5.1 set up.
The way things are now, the front three speakers are placed beneath the projector screen, which obviously works fine whilst watching the projector but watching the TV the sound coming from the left sounds ridiculous. I would ideally like to have a centralised sound, sounding like the audio could be coming from the TV or the projector.
I have some physical disabilities which makes moving speakers very difficult which is why I'd like suggestions before I start to rearrange things.
Any ideas gratefully received.
room.jpg

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Sorry, but there is no solution for this situation that can be addressed with speaker placement. About the only viable solution would be to get a second center speaker, and moving a speaker cable between them, depending on the one you wanted to use.

Aside from that, I suggest getting a soundbar for the TV.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

CJD

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
Thanks Wayne for taking the time to reply, good ideas but I think I'm going to have to go with hanging the screen in front of the TV, is there a bracket available which would protrude from the wall allowing me the hang the screen in front of the TV, not sure the ceiling would be strong enough.

Thanks again for your help.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
We have an area specifically for displays that includes screens. I'd suggest opening a thread there. Hopefully someone will have some good advice.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks