What's new

Press Release SPHE Press Release: Steel Magnolias (1989) 35th Anniversary (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
CELEBRATING ITS 35TH ANNIVERSARY
93a1864a-18d1-57d6-8b61-abd5207f0291.png
CELEBRATING ITS 35TH ANNIVERSARY
17876d83-2052-ccc0-54e2-db19f68063fd.jpg
FULLY REMASTERED IN 4K WITH HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE
DEBUTING ON 4K ULTRA HD™ APRIL 23RD
SYNOPSIS
Six divas of the silver screen - Sally Field, Dolly Parton, Shirley MacLaine, Daryl Hannah, Olympia Dukakis and Julia Roberts - come together as bosom buddies in this hilarious and heartwarming story of life, love and loss in a small Louisiana parish. At the center of the group is Shelby Eatenton (Julia Roberts), newly married and joyfully pregnant, despite the fact that her diabetes could make childbirth life-threatening. Terrified and angry at the possibility of losing her only daughter, M'Lynn Eatenton (Sally Field) looks to her four closest friends for strength and laughter as she battles her deepest fear of death in order to join Shelby in celebrating the miracle of new life.
DISC DETAILS & BONUS MATERIALS
4K ULTRA HD DISC
  • Newly remastered in 4K resolution from the original camera negative, with Dolby Vision
  • All-new Dolby Atmos audio + 5.1 + 2-channel surround
  • Special Features:
    • NEW: Steel Magnolias 1990 TV Pilot
    • Director’s Commentary
    • In Full Bloom: Remembering Steel Magnolias
    • 10 Deleted Scenes
    • Theatrical Trailer
This 4K UHD release does not include a Blu-ray™
CAST AND CREW
Directed By: Herbert Ross
Produced By: Ray Stark
Screenplay By: Robert Harling, based on his play “Steel Magnolias”
Cast: Sally Field, Dolly Parton, Shirley MacLaine, Daryl Hannah, Olympia Dukakis, Julia Roberts, Tom Skerritt, Dylan McDermott, Kevin J. O’Connor and Sam Shepard

SPECS
Run Time: Approx. 118 minutes
Rating: PG
Feature Picture: 2160p Ultra High Definition, 1.85:1
Feature Audio: English Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 Compatible) | English 5.1 DTS-HD MA | English, French 2-Channel Surround DTS-HD MA | Spanish Mono

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

https://www.amazon.com/Steel-Magnol...82-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Last edited:

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Steel Magnolias in Atmos? Somebody's been reading my dream journal.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Nice surprise, at least for me. I like revisiting Steel Magnolias every few years with a big bowl of popcorn. Maybe I can convince my husband to watch with me this year. :)

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
So great that Sony is releasing this as a stand-alone and opted not to include it in one of their 4k UHD boxed sets.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new transfer and listening to Georges Delereu's beautiful score in Dolby Atmos!

I love this movie more than my luggage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks