What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Marvel Studios and Sony team up (for the last time?) for Spider-Man: Far From Home, closing out Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019)

Released: 02 Jul 2019
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 129 min

Director: Jon Watts
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi

Cast: Tom Holland, Samuel L. Jackson, Jake Gyllenhaal, Marisa Tomei
Writer(s): Chris McKenna, Erik Sommers, Stan Lee (based on the Marvel comic book by), Steve Ditko (based on the Marvel comic book by)

Plot: Following the events of Avengers: Endgame (2019), Spider-Man must step up to take on new threats in a world that has changed forever.

IMDB rating: 7.7
MetaScore: 69

Disc Information

Studio: Sony
Distributed By: N/A
Video...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Todd! PS I think release on the 4K should be 10/1. I thought “wth did I miss this release?!?!” And then I clicked on the Amazon link.:laugh:

garypleace

Auditioning
Real Name
telecineman
As CRAZY as this sounds - I actually thought the surround use was way over the top and quite distracting at times in 7.1 and turned down my amps rear settings! I don't own a 4K player but maybe this would be a more "subtle" experience?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Not a waste after all!

Seeing Spider-Man: Far Form Home after all the press coverage of the split between Marvel Studios and Sony makes the film feel like it could be a complete waste, setting up plot points for future films that may now never actually pan out.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Nice review Todd.
I agree with you, the video quality was just spectacular. I was so pleased to see how great a 4K disc can look. I have the 3D pre-ordered also, but this is going to be a tough act to follow. The 3D "immersion" might not win out over 4K precision this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks