What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Star Trek: The Original 4-Movie Collection (4k UHD Combo) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My Amazon order showed no signs of moving, so I cancelled it and ordered from DeepDiscount. Strangely enough, I noticed that Amazon is now listing the set as "in stock" but sold from DeepDiscount. (Ordering from DD direct is cheaper.) I ordered the Indiana Jones set from DD back in June with no problems.

Amazon also seemingly never got their copies of The Thing 4k. Waiting on those.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I was out doing some shopping today and decided to pick up the new Star Trek set. I was off today and would have time to watch a film or two. Alas, no copies out at Best Buy, Target or Walmart. :(

I still haven't seen any of the above mentioned B&M stores with the Indiana Jones 4K set either after several weeks. However, if you want the new Paw Patrol movie, they can hook you up.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I was so psyched as my copy was delivered by Best Buy just now.

however when I opened the package this was inside….

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 34

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Paramount shipped review copies on the later side, so I’m guessing everything is running behind. I’m glad the product exists, at least.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm currently watching other things so I'm not ready to watch this but I've just accepted that if I'm ordering a catalog title from Amazon, I'll be waiting. And if it's a popular catalog title, I'll be waiting a long time.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I was so psyched as my copy was delivered by Best Buy just now.

however when I opened the package this was inside….

Reminds me of the time I was eagerly anticipating the delivery of new remastered editions of Billy Joel’s catalog…

…and then the box had the complete solo works of David Gilmour.

Not the same!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I was out doing some shopping today and decided to pick up the new Star Trek set. I was off today and would have time to watch a film or two. Alas, no copies out at Best Buy, Target or Walmart. :(

I still haven't seen any of the above mentioned B&M stores with the Indiana Jones 4K set either after several weeks. However, if you want the new Paw Patrol movie, they can hook you up.
At this point the the life of physical media I'd not expect to see either of those sets at any of those stores, at least not until much close to Christmas and even then I'd consider them somewhat iffy. They've all reduced the floor space for physical media to the point that there's no room for anything outside the titles they expect to be the better sellers. As much as I like them I just don't see the Star Trek or Indy movies fitting that profile at B&M stores.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
In this case, I don’t think retailer preferences have anything to do with it - stock basically isn’t available yet due to widespread replication delays, compounded by the pandemic and further exacerbated by recent hurricane activity impacting shipping lines.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The first four films have upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision on iTunes. As to Star Trek II only the theatrical cut has upgraded to 4K/DV while the director's cut remains in 4K/HDR.
I think I'll just pick these up on iTunes the next time they are on sale and call it a day. I don't really need them on physical disc.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I think I'll just pick these up on iTunes the next time they are on sale and call it a day. I don't really need them on physical disc.

How much are you looking to pay for each? Every Trek movie and series is on sale right now as far as I can tell. Picked up every digital movie I didn't have. Figure it's my way of future proofing after ST I-III (the ones I already owned) upgraded to 4k overnight.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
How much are you looking to pay for each? Every Trek movie and series is on sale right now as far as I can tell. Picked up every digital movie I didn't have. Figure it's my way of future proofing after ST I-III (the ones I already owned) upgraded to 4k overnight.
Yeah, I just saw that the entire 10 movie set is $34.99, so I bought that. I don't care for several of the films in the set, but at that price I can just ignore the ones I don't like.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, I just saw that the entire 10 movie set is $34.99, so I bought that. I don't care for several of the films in the set, but at that price I can just ignore the ones I don't like.

Very tempting... though no director's cuts in 4K (or even HD for TMP) that way though...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks