What's new
World Wide Stereo

Star Wars "The Last Jedi" 4K disc displays pink (1 Viewer)

drdave319

Agent
Real Name
David E. Gillespie II
Just wanted to run this by you guys (my group of "experts"). I have a Vizio tv (E55-E2) and an LG 4K BluRay player (UP970) that play all my other 4K discs fine. However, when I put the 4K disc in for The Last Jedi, it plays, but is PINK! The movie is playing but is all pink. I don't get it. I've tried switching out the HDMI cords, settings, you name it! What doesn't make sense is that it's playing EVERY OTHER 4K disc just fine. Could it be a manufacturing issue? Suggestions are VERY welcome! Is there a way to get a replacement disc from the manufacturer (I can't return to Best Buy....as it's been longer than their ridiculous return policy allows).

Thanks!

Dave

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Seeing as other discs play fine in 4K, it seems either a disc issue or a player FW issue. Have you seen any other LG's of that model having the issues in say an owners thread? Also, I assume that disc is playing Dolby Vision (if your Vizio has DV), are all the other discs HDR10 or were some DV as well?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The Vizio E55-E2 is an HDR10 only display, no Dolby Vision. What may be the determining factor is if any of your other 4K discs are Dolby Vision, too.

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
The disc is typically not the problem when you get pink screen. It's normally caused from the TV not being able to handle the color palette being sent from the bluray player. Try going in to the video settings of the bluray player and change COLOR SETTINGS to RGB and see if it shows in color. It can be caused from HDMI cables but you stated that you tried a new one already.

Also, make sure both TV and bluray have latest firmware updates.

drdave319

Agent
Real Name
David E. Gillespie II
Thanks all....just a quick followup. I was able to resolve my issue by a firmware update to my TV. Evidently, there is an issue on the HDMI side when content goes through an AV receiver to the display which is remedied by the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks