What's new

Subwoofer suggestion - SVS vs Rythmik (1 Viewer)

Divyam

Grip
Real Name
Divyam
I am planning to build a dedicated HT with a 7.2.4 setup. My room size is 21 ft x 15 ft x 9 ft. I will use the room for movies, music and games (33% each)

I am confused between the following subs - A pair of the SVS SB 4000's or a pair of the Rythmik F18. I am getting both for a similar price. The issue is I will not be able to demo either.

Kindly help! Thanks.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Hopefully youll have full range mains for music as 13.5" or 18" subs will be good for theater but mediocre for music. Tighter is better and, though both will be good performers, I give the nod to SVS as they're likely faster than an 18". Youll have solid bass coverage with a twin setup, dont forget the importance of bass traps in those corners. Power is nothing without control!

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
I am planning to build a dedicated HT with a 7.2.4 setup. My room size is 21 ft x 15 ft x 9 ft. I will use the room for movies, music and games (33% each)

I am confused between the following subs - A pair of the SVS SB 4000's or a pair of the Rythmik F18. I am getting both for a similar price. The issue is I will not be able to demo either.

Kindly help! Thanks.

Have you made a purchase yet? If not, what is the rest of your system?

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I'm not familiar with Rythmik but curious why you said you wouldn't be able to audition the SVS's as they have one of the best demo policies in the biz. Are you planning to buy from a 3rd party?

Divyam

Grip
Real Name
Divyam
Have you made a purchase yet? If not, what is the rest of your system?
Hi! No not yet. My system is as follows:

Projector JVC DLA NX7
Screen Elite AR150H2-AUHD
Receiver Marantz 8012
Power Amp Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 3
Speakers LCR B&W CT 7.3 LCRS
Speakers Surrounds B&W CWM 7.5
Speakers Atmos B&W CCM 684

Divyam

Grip
Real Name
Divyam
I'm not familiar with Rythmik but curious why you said you wouldn't be able to audition the SVS's as they have one of the best demo policies in the biz. Are you planning to buy from a 3rd party?

Hi! Actually I am from India, there aren't any demo options here currently. I will have to go in blind :/

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Hi! Actually I am from India, there aren't any demo options here currently. I will have to go in blind :/
Oh, I see. Well, I can tell you I've owned an SVS PB12 Plus/2 [one of their first models] for over 10 years now and it's still basically going strong. I had an issue a few months ago and thought it might have been time to upgrade. I contacted SVS and they sent me simple steps to complete the repair on my own when they could have EASILY sold me a newer model. Mind you, this is the level of support I'm getting after 10 + years!

Again, I don't know anything about Rythmik but I can completely vouch for SVS in terms of quality and service.

Hope that helps and good luck with whatever choice you ultimately make.

Divyam

Grip
Real Name
Divyam
Oh, I see. Well, I can tell you I've owned an SVS PB12 Plus/2 [one of their first models] for over 10 years now and it's still basically going strong. I had an issue a few months ago and thought it might have been time to upgrade. I contacted SVS and they sent me simple steps to complete the repair on my own when they could have EASILY sold me a newer model. Mind you, this is the level of support I'm getting after 10 + years!

Again, I don't know anything about Rythmik but I can completely vouch for SVS in terms of quality and service.

Hope that helps and good luck with whatever choice you ultimately make.

Thank you very much. I will keep you posted on my choice!

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Divyam - Both Rythmik and SVS make tremendous products. In terms of musical performance, an 18 inch driver will not be any "slower" than will a 13.5 inch driver. I have a lot of experience with products from both companies, and you can't go wrong either way. You mentioned the price being about the same for both, so here are some thoughts:

1. The Rythmik will have a bit more mid bass slam without losing the deep bass.
2. The SVS is probably more "bullet proof." Their subs are almost impossible to break - with you being in India, this is something to consider. A breakdown from either would be rare. What kind of warranty does each offer you in India?
3. You already have a REALLY good system, and the subwoofer choices you listed are excellent.

theJman

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Jim

Kindly help! Thanks.

Your room is considered medium sized so a pair of either of those subwoofers would likely work quite nicely. Both are from well respected companies too so they're quality products. Their design differs however.

SVS subwoofers are geared more toward the HT crowd while Rythmik is the favorite of music lovers. Both of them can handle all you want the subwoofer to do, it's just one model will be better suited for a particular purpose than the other. Between those options the F18 will have more output and extension than the 4000, so in this case it might be the better option; not only will it excel at music, it will handle movies and games equally well.

Divyam

Grip
Real Name
Divyam
Hi Guys just an update, I have decided to go with the Rythmik! Now I am confused between the following:

1) A Pair of the F18's
2) A Pair of the F25's
3) A single G25HP

Any thoughts on the same? Thanks!

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Hi Guys just an update, I have decided to go with the Rythmik! Now I am confused between the following:

1) A Pair of the F18's
2) A Pair of the F25's
3) A single G25HP

Any thoughts on the same? Thanks!

Probably a pair of F25's. You can smooth the bass out with duals. Just be prepared to experiment with placement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unbob
Recent bookmarks