What's new

Super Mario Bros. (1993) 4K Collector’s Edition (1 Viewer)

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy

From Umbrella Entertainment, the 1993 live-action Super Mario Bros. is getting a huge special edition on January 17th. The “Trust the Fungus” edition will be a massive set with various “box’o’junk” fair, but more interestingly has two books that come with it, one a 250 page behind the scenes book with production notes, interviews and artwork. A second book of 200 pages will have early drafts of the script.

This “Trust the Fungus” edition is $100, but Umbrella Entertainment is also offering a slightly smaller set of the stuff for $75, as well as JUST the movie and special features on 4K or Blu-ray, both of which comes with a second disc with the special features. The most interesting new special features, outside of the film having a new 4K master, are 4 (!) audio commentaries, deleted scenes, and the work print edition of the film newly restored in HD. There’s a handful of other features as well detailed on the Umbrella pre-order page.

I’ve always loved this movie, despite how far from the source material it ended up being. I’m amazed that this is coming out and absolutely cannot miss it. I emailed and got a reply from Umbrella Entertainment and they confirmed that the discs will be region-free, so I pre-ordered the big “Trust the Fungus” edition. I’m stoked to go through it all come January.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Also interesting to note, the behind the scenes hardcover book, which was originally suppose to be 250 pages, will now be 480 pages!

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Today I got the email from Umbrella that my order has shipped! No idea how long it’s going to take to get here from Australia, but good to know nonetheless.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Got it in hand! Officially took 11 days from initial shipping notification for it to get from Victoria, Australia to Oregon, USA. Not bad, was sort of expecting it to take a little longer. Relieved to have it, because if it got lost any step of the way it can’t be replaced as it’s already sold out (at least in regards to the big “Trust the Fungus” edition, the regular release should still be available).

Will be a bit before I can really dig into it, but greatly looking forward to. Super thankful of Umbrella for producing such a huge set for a deeply nostalgic title (for me at least).

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
So this set ended up going out of stock when it was still in pre-order, so a lot of people missed out. But Umbrella took note and decided to put out a second printing of the big box set, calling it the “1-Up” edition. This set WON’T be numbered, and will feature a different outer box design. But it’ll have most everything from the initial Trust-The-Fungus edition, missing only the sticker sheet and film cell. They’re also offering a “disc-less” option for people who already bought the movie-only release when the bigger set sold out. So that’s also nice of them.

Here’s a statement from Umbrella’s Facebook:

1711133376726.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks