What's new

Taskbar Help (1 Viewer)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I need some help. My taskbar has basically doubled in size and I don't know how to fix it. I tried right clicking on it and I selected properties but I don't know what I should click or un-click. I also tried to drag it down but then it just disappears.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
In XP? In the Properties, make sure Auto-hide is off. Then if you resize the taskbar by dragging the top, you should be able to see it at single/double/triple height. Whenever you let go of the mouse button, that size should "stick". You might then want to Lock the taskbar either by right-clicking, or in Properties.

If that doesn't work, then uh, you might have a problem :)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
It is likely you have 'stacked' your taskbar. Take a look at the faint vertical lines at the left and right - usually next to your start button and system tray. Click on one, hold it down, and try dragging it to the line where your start button is. Windows is really quirky about this, so you may have to try doing it more than once.

Also - make sure your taskbar is not locked. Once you have it the way you want it you can lock it again to avoid this happening again.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
What's wrong with a double-height taskbar? I've been using it that way for a decade. Top row has the active programs, lower row has all the quick links (currently at 36).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
totoattack
Recent bookmarks