What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Taza, son of Cochise (3D Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81CfEzEn4ZL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched this movie tonight for the first time in 3D. Really enjoyed the 3D implementation: lots of depth and some nicely framed multi-plane images. So happy to click off another Golden Age 3D feature.

Also listened to Mike Ballew's excellent 3D discussion featurette and the audio commentary with Del Valle and Joyner: one more rooted in film discussion and less in gossipy revelations.

whyme?

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael mcgee
I read that the sales of Taza son of Cochise was moderate and kino was disappointed and hopes wings of the hawk makes u or no more 3D releases
This is typical of even a medium size business to take advantage of deregulations to increase their greedy profit by downsizing on a long term profit. Even the corporate arts these days don't want to make a profit in the long run. Sure, Taza son of Cochise is not making a quick big profit. In 2D it would not neither . I also get the feeling that the anti 3 D forces might be making threats of boycotting Lover or maybe they might be getting threats by deregulated wall street investors ,maybe. It can't make a big fast profit cause it's an average film. It also has white actors portraying the Indian. Even though it a compliment , not a put down, current politicos are promoting the portrayal of ethnic people even if it's a compliment as being racist, but, that isn't the main reason. Sales would increased more if they have a duel version ,Polaroid and anaglyph, DVD version the same with 2D,is that those that don't have a 3 D set up would be a able to we it in that process. By realistic standards it is making good profit ,profit in the long run.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I read that the sales of Taza son of Cochise was moderate and kino was disappointed and hopes wings of the hawk makes u or no more 3D releases
This is typical of even a medium size business to take advantage of deregulations to increase their greedy profit by downsizing on a long term profit. Even the corporate arts these days don't want to make a profit in the long run. Sure, Taza son of Cochise is not making a quick big profit. In 2D it would not neither . I also get the feeling that the anti 3 D forces might be making threats of boycotting Lover or maybe they might be getting threats by deregulated wall street investors ,maybe. It can't make a big fast profit cause it's an average film. It also has white actors portraying the Indian. Even though it a compliment , not a put down, current politicos are promoting the portrayal of ethnic people even if it's a compliment as being racist, but, that isn't the main reason. Sales would increased more if they have a duel version ,Polaroid and anaglyph, DVD version the same with 2D,is that those that don't have a 3 D set up would be a able to we it in that process. By realistic standards it is making good profit ,profit in the long run.
Let's keep politics out of this discussion. As to the sales question, I think it has more to do with this being a mediocre film at best. I watched the BD twice back in May as I listened to the audio commentary too. I'm a big fan of westerns and grew up watching 1950's westerns during my youth in the 1960's. This particular western despite Sirk's best effort isn't very good. It has some entertaining sequences and the 3-D is very good, but that doesn't make up for the film as a whole.

whyme?

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael mcgee
Let's keep politics out of this discussion. As to the sales question, I think it has more to do with this being a mediocre film at best. I watched the BD twice back in May as I listened to the audio commentary too. I'm a big fan of westerns and grew up watching 1950's westerns during my youth in the 1960's. This particular western despite Sirk's best effort isn't very good. It has some entertaining sequences and the 3-D is very good, but that doesn't make up for the film as a whole.
Thanks for your opinion. It is a fair movie, not 5 stars ,but, 3 stars. It's better than cat women in the moon and Robot monster . It's slightly better than Gorilla at Large far better than that recent released horror 3D slasher.

whyme?

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael mcgee
. . . and conspiracy theories!
I'm sorry that you did not like my view point. You have the right to disagree with me. This was my opinion, not conspiracy theory. I might be wrong. I saw the 2D version preview of Silent madness and realize Taza is a little bit better, but, being a 3D fan I'm going to pre order that. I have to say that in my opinion, copyright problems, the cost, combine with politics and deregulations have encouraged home movie distributors to put a limit in choices and variety of films from 1910 onwards, especially if it reflects intolerance of the past. For example T. C. M. has yet to premiere more films made during the Nazi regime than the 3 they occasionally repeat .They show once in a while films made in the Russian communist regime, but, international hits only. Now this might not be political correct censorship ,but, copyright fees, no t. v. distribution for many titles. Another thing T. C.M. puts a limitation on variety of american film history ,also. They just don' t serve all classic film fans. Thank goodness Time Warner don't control all film history. Thank goodness for Bob Furmanek , I.H.F. and Russisco , which has an american distribution in Texas that I was able to buy and see some of the works of Alexander Putemco that Turner classic movies have not premiered yet. I am a fan of choice variety in film history and open on all sides of the past. If you want to disagree with me on anything I say ,go ahead. I might be wrong on things.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'm sorry that you did not like my view point. You have the right to disagree with me. This was my opinion, not conspiracy theory.
In post 11 of this thread you wrote:

I also get the feeling that the anti 3 D forces might be making threats of boycotting Lover or maybe they might be getting threats by deregulated wall street investors ,maybe.

Clearly and indisputably, you were theorising about conspiracies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks