What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

TCM Classic Movie Festival Home Edition 2020 (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DVBRD

Second Unit
Real Name
Andy

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Will all the movies, no matter what hour they are shown, have a host and bookend discussions of the movie? Like a feature presentation does.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Will all the movies, no matter what hour they are shown, have a host and bookend discussions of the movie? Like a feature presentation does.

We won't know until it actual airs but my guess would be they will use whatever footage was shot at the time these films were part of the festival. For example I believe TCM showed an interview with Esther Williams and Betty Garrett when "Neptune's Darling " was shown. If I am remembering this correctly, something like that might be shown before the film as opposed to newly shot intros. Just a guess, of course.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think most of the TCM hosts live in Cali, therefore, they're under "stay at home" orders which is why some of them are doing short videos from home like Eddie and Ben.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think most of the TCM hosts live in Cali, therefore, they're under "stay at home" orders which is why some of them are doing short videos from home like Eddie and Ben.
Eddie Muller
@EddieMuller

·
Apr 14

It's not in person, but it'll be fun. All TCM hosts will be actively engaged, with new on-air material as well as social media interaction. Kudos to TCM for improvising well during this crisis. TCM Film Festival Home Edition Starts Thursday https://kpbs.org/news/2020/apr/13/tcm-classic-film-festival-home-edition-starts-thur/… via
@KPBSnews

TCM Classic Film Festival Home Edition Starts Thursday
For a decade, TCM Classic Film Festival has been gathering the faithful in Hollywood for a celebration of movies. This year, because of the coronavirus pandemic, the festival has had to move progra...
kpbs.org

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Happy to see TCM showing the documentary Harold and Lillian: A Hollywood Love Story tomorrow night. A great story on storyboard artist Harold Michelson and his wife film researcher Lillian who worked with some of the great films and directors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks