What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Apple TV+ Ted Lasso (2020) - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It seems it is indeed the last season according to Jason Sudeikis.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I just finished watching Season 3, Episode 1

I am confident my opinion is going to be in the minority (though a few online reviews tend to agree with me) that TED LASSO is looking a bit tired.

Of course, this is only the first episode of the final season, and my dismay could be coming prematurely.

I remember, back in season one, being completely taken by surprise by this show, its humor, and its charm. I would laugh constantly through each episode.

Now, in season 3, it just looks like everyone is going through the same paces without a solid laugh to be had. I didn't even chuckle once during this episode.

Still, the familiar characters are sort of fun to catch up on, that is, all except one:

They took the most unlikeable character and made him even more unlikeable this season. That character, of course, is Shelley.

One of the more likable characters seems to be gone (and replaced) this season...

Trent Crimm, The Independent

Last edited:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Ted Lasso it is. Mando can wait. I liked the Death Star set with the emperor in his chair!

How did they become the worst team? Didn't they succeed at stuff in the previous seasons? That was the story.

Overall this seems like a reset and back to basics. The essence of season 1. How to be at very low and everyone against you. How to never give up and against all odds, succeed or find joy. That was the premise of Ted Lasso, what happened in season 2 I don't know. It felt like a deviation.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
How did they become the worst team? Didn't they succeed at stuff in the previous seasons? That was the story.
They got promoted to the Premier League.

They were previously in the Championship (second division).

Now they're a tiny fish in a REALLY big pond.

Typically, newly promoted teams spend a ton of money on new players because there's (typically) a pretty big gap between the top two divisions due to the sheer amount of money that the Premier League brings in (and thus what teams can spend).

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I think some of it is the hype around "Wonder Kid" Nate and the assumption that he was the real reason for their success. Now that he’s gone…

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ok, what a start to Season 3! I loved it! I’m glad the show is embraced the mood from Nate’s turn at the end of season 2, along with Roy and Keely’s relationships challenges, etc. Part of Ted Lasso‘s brilliance is acknowledging that even a positive, resilient person has difficult times. Hitting that head-on in Episode 1 was about perfect for me.

Ted having Lego Nate in his stadium was essential Ted. I believe that Nate will be redeemed in some manner. Because that’s the Ted Lasso brand. I don’t know what that looks like. But I’m here for it.

Last edited:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
3x02 (I Don't Want to Go to) Chelsea

Fun episode. Lots of laugh.

I don't trust Trent Crimm. I'm afraid he is a spy working for the other team. Didn't something bad like this happen in a previous season? Like he gave away private information? He also played in The Bookshop (2017) and he was the bad guy!

Juno Temple looks too thin and unhealthy. I hope she gets better soon.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I just finished watching Season 3, Episode 1

I am confident my opinion is going to be in the minority (though a few online reviews tend to agree with me) that TED LASSO is looking a bit tired.

Of course, this is only the first episode of the final season, and my dismay could be coming prematurely.

I remember, back in season one, being completely taken by surprise by this show, its humor, and its charm. I would laugh constantly through each episode.

Now, in season 3, it just looks like everyone is going through the same paces without a solid laugh to be had. I didn't even chuckle once during this episode.

Still, the familiar characters are sort of fun to catch up on, that is, all except one:

They took the most unlikeable character and made him even more unlikeable this season. That character, of course, is Shelley.

One of the more likable characters seems to be gone (and replaced) this season...

Trent Crimm, The Independent
I agree with everything you sad. The wife an I watched episode 3.1 last night and I was left kind of meh. Season 1 was great, season 2 was fine... we will see how this one plays out.

I thought the best scene was the Roy, Keeley and Phoebe.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
My wife and I loved S1 but thought S2 was just ok. However, S3 is off to a great start and feels more like S1 did.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Episode Two was a huge step up from last week.

Nice to see Trent Crim and his smug face back on the show.

Very funny "Who's on First" type exchange in the locker room concerning rumors, Zava and Trent Crim writing a book.

It was also nice not to have Nate included in the story for once, though he will be the focal point moving forward.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Have we seen Zava before? Are we supposed to know him?
Zava’s a new addition. All we need to know about him at this point is that he’s a diva who will most likely be very unlikable and humbled after causing Richmond some kind of great internal strife. Jamie Tartt 2.0.

Jason Goodmanson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
There's a diva player or two in every futbol league. Or a hired gun type player who just bounces from team to team looking for a paycheck, which is fine. The window for professional sports players is so small, you get paid where you.

Loving this season, as usual. We don't deserve Ted Lasso.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks