What's new

International THE BED SITTING ROOM - Blu-ray from Australia (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This review is made possible with the help of www.DaaVeeDee.com

Notes on my reviews: I do not offer plot summaries in most cases, as these can be found on a million other sites, but rather focus instead on what people want to know: the image and sound presentation, default playback settings, subtitles, audio choices, etc. My equipment: Panasonic TC-P55UT50 Plasma monitor (3-D capable); Panasonic DMP-BDT220 3-D Blu-ray player; LG BD-360 all-region Blu-ray player; Denon AVE-E200 5.1 Surround receiver. All aspect ratios are physically measured on the Panasonic screen, which has been set to eliminate overscan.
The%20Bed%20Sitting%20Room%205021456177486_lrg.jpg
THE BED SITTING ROOM

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Australia

REGION: All (A-B-C)

ASPECT RATIO: 1.85:1

C/BW: Color

SOUND: Dolby mono.

BONUS MATERIAL: Trailer and three interviews.

COMPANY: Shock

Richard Lester made this post-apocalyptic comedy five years after he directed the Beatles in A HARD DAY'S NIGHT, and five years prior to bringing us his wonderful rendition of THE THREE MUSKETEERS. This film contains elements of both, from irreverent satire to broad slapstick. It also contains one of those droll Ralph Richardson performances we came to love later on in GREYSTOKE and DRAGONSLAYER.

Kino Lorber has announced a U.S. release of this film, and I am guessing it will sport the same transfer as this disc, and that will be a good thing. It is sharp, has very film-like grain, and decent color. The sound is clearly mono, but the dialog (other than the fact that fast-talking Brits can sometimes be difficult to understand for us Westerners) is very clear.

The extras here may or may not be carried over to Kino: there is a trailer, but also a trio of lengthy interviews, with Spike

Milligan, Peter Cook and Richard Lester.

All-region encoding, and will thus play on any Blu-ray machine worldwide.

This review was made possible with the help of www.DaaVeeDee.com

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I have the UK blu of that. What a car crash of a movie!

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I also have the BFI UK Blu. It's always been one of my favorite Lester films. I saw it at the Little Carnegie cinema in NYC on opening day, which I think was in 1969. I may have been the only person there. It did terrible business and was gone within a week. Back in those days, they used to show theatrical shorts before the feature, & for THE BED SITTING ROOM, they had Samuel Beckett's Film, staring Buster Keaton, which was a perfect match!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks