What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order The Boy and the Heron (2023) (4k UHD Combo) (4k UHD Combo SteelBook) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
360443_front.jpg 71AtfshHiGL._SL1500_.jpg 71FAta-17wL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

4k UHD Combo
4k UHD Combo SteelBook
Blu-ray

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This is one of my favorite films from last year. I can't wait to add it to my collection and see it again.

Preordered.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Good that this omission to the pre-release schedule has been corrected!

I have the entire Japanese Studio Ghibli silhouette blu-ray DigiPack collection and will be ordering the series The Boy and The Heron, to complete the collection. I will also be ordering this 4K UHD, in order to compare it with the Japanese blu-ray. Studio Ghibli is also releasing this as their first 4K UHD.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I have a question: can a Blu-ray of a 2k film and an upscaled 4k release have much difference?

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I have a question: can a Blu-ray of a 2k film and an upscaled 4k release have much difference?
I doubt there will be much difference. I'll only know when I compare the two on my own system. Colours, compression and better data throughput are all potential benefits of a 4K UHD and are more obvious on large screens/projected. The Japanese Studio Ghibli blu-rays are reference-quality.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I've been waiting for years for the Studio Ghibli films to get 4K editions, as most of them are still on DVD from way back in my collection. Oh well, I'll buy this and start the collection of BD of the others. I've waited long enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettKarina
Recent bookmarks