What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

"The Front Page" (1931) (1 Viewer)

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
I'm interested in "The Front Page" (1931). I'd like to view it and "His Girl Friday" back to back, some evening.

So far as I can tell, there are two (PD only) releases of this title on DVD: Madacy and reelclassicdvd.com.

Comments at amazon.com suggest that, as may be expected, the Madacy release is atrocious.

Is anyone familiar with the quality of the reelclassicdvd.com release?

Thank you.

DG

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I recorded this off of TCM earlier this year, and their print is pretty atrocious also, so I wouldn't put much faith in the Reeclassics version being any better. I felt that many of the jokes went over my head because the sound was so bad, and I had to struggle to hear the dialogue.

I realize that this is a PD title, but whoever owns this should put out a decent release. There certainly must be better elements in a vault somewhere, and this is most certainly a historically important film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks