What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

UHD Review The Godfather Trilogy – UHD Blu ray Review (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Sacheen Littlefeather, who refused Marlon Brando's "The Godfather" Oscar has died of breast cancer. She has recently been in the news concerning an apology the academy gave her for its mistreatment.

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
OK, just to let you all know, the link taking you to the complete review just brings you back here to the thread. But there's something a little more alarming I've noticed lately...

When I looked through the WordPress for the site to find the review and hopefully get it fixed, I noticed that several of my reviews and threads weren't recognized as mine. I've spent the last couple of weeks retrieving them and have gotten back all except for seven, of which this release being one of them. Shockingly, as I've searched through the posts published in the WordPress, I've made a horrifying discovery regarding this review: it appears to have gone missing from the site!

This makes me more concerned about the six other reviews that I've worked on for HTF that I haven't been able to find yet on the WordPress for this site and get it recognized as mine (the names of the movies that are still not being recognized as mine by the WordPress are escaping me right now). But this one in particular is serious gut punch because of the work I put into writing this and to not only have the link not working but now the possibility of the review itself being lost.

• Sad
Reactions: PMF

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
OK, just to let you all know, the link taking you to the complete review just brings you back here to the thread. But there's something a little more alarming I've noticed lately...

When I looked through the WordPress for the site to find the review and hopefully get it fixed, I noticed that several of my reviews and threads weren't recognized as mine. I've spent the last couple of weeks retrieving them and have gotten back all except for seven, of which this release being one of them. Shockingly, as I've searched through the posts published in the WordPress, I've made a horrifying discovery regarding this review: it appears to have gone missing from the site!

This makes me more concerned about the six other reviews that I've worked on for HTF that I haven't been able to find yet on the WordPress for this site and get it recognized as mine (the names of the movies that are still not being recognized as mine by the WordPress are escaping me right now). But this one in particular is serious gut punch because of the work I put into writing this and to not only have the link not working but now the possibility of the review itself being lost.
I see what you mean. If one clicks on “continue,” it doesn’t. I have many of my early reviews backed up on a RAID, but then I neglect to add newer ones. There was one point years ago, as I recall, that much data was lost during a software changeover.

• Sad
Reactions: PMF

andrew

Administrator
Real Name
Andrew
@t1g3r5fan and @Robert Harris if you guys let me know when you see an issue I can help because there's a good chance if things changed or disappeared on the website I did it. This review was mislabeled as Popular Threads and a couple months ago I pruned out around 750 pages based on views/backlinks that never should have ended up on the actual website and aren't on topic which impacts our standing with Google. Since this was categorized there it got thrown into the mix. Of course, we'd never intentionally remove a proper review, especially, for one of the best trilogies ever made.

We luckily have not synced the dev site this fall so I was able to retrieve a copy from there and put it back. You should see it exactly as it was before, as well as the link working from your original post as expected now. Sorry about the confusion around it!

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
@t1g3r5fan and @Robert Harris if you guys let me know when you see an issue I can help because there's a good chance if things changed or disappeared on the website I did it. This review was mislabeled as Popular Threads and A couple months ago I pruned out around 750 pages based on views/backlinks that never should have ended up on the actual website and aren't on topic which impacts our standing with Google. Since this was categorized there it got thrown into the mix. Of course, we'd never intentionally remove a proper review, especially, for one of the best trilogies ever made.

We luckily have not synced the dev site this fall so I was able to retrieve a copy from there and put it back. You should see is exactly as it was before, as well as the link working from your original post as expected now. Sorry about the confusion around it!
Not a problem, Andrew. Happy things worked out.

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
@t1g3r5fan and @Robert Harris if you guys let me know when you see an issue I can help because there's a good chance if things changed or disappeared on the website I did it. This review was mislabeled as Popular Threads and a couple months ago I pruned out around 750 pages based on views/backlinks that never should have ended up on the actual website and aren't on topic which impacts our standing with Google. Since this was categorized there it got thrown into the mix. Of course, we'd never intentionally remove a proper review, especially, for one of the best trilogies ever made.

We luckily have not synced the dev site this fall so I was able to retrieve a copy from there and put it back. You should see it exactly as it was before, as well as the link working from your original post as expected now. Sorry about the confusion around it!

Thanks for the help. I'll check back later to see if there's some past threads and reviews of mine still outstanding that haven't turned up since the update you mentioned.

andrew

Administrator
Real Name
Andrew
Thanks for the help. I'll check back later to see if there's some past threads and reviews of mine still outstanding that haven't turned up since the update you mentioned.
Absolutely, just shoot me a message if you see anything wrong. What should have happened is that when it was removed from the website it should have left the full review on the forum intact so nothing is lost. But it looks like something strange happened here where the "continue reading..." link and only the preview stayed and of course that only linked back to here haha.

We were actually planning to re-sync the dev site this week but I'm going to hold off on that for a couple more weeks just incase anything else shows up.

laser

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matty
Saw this renovation of The Godfather on TCM yesterday. To summarize...

tumblr_o3hpw0DcdV1rn26jfo9_400.gif

The colourist should be shot out of a cannon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks