What's new

Pre-Order The Night of the Iguana (1964) (Warner Archive Collection) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71t1870kzSL._SL1000_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I won't pre-order but I'll definitely buy this disc at some stage.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
For me the original artwork is iconic. WA is always amazing using the original artwork. Why did they botch this?...........I will definitely print the original artwork to make a proper cover. I had 2 friends call me this morning and said they are not buying the blue ray because of the artwork on the cover. Here is the original poster....I like this one the best.
71NbgM+8YPL.jpg

Last edited:

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Seriously, two (2) friends, individually, felt compelled to ring up a third friend this morning to say they're not buying a release because of the cover art?

I think my collection would be considerably less than half its size if that were such a concern.

What kind of customer stance is that to take these days, in the face of (1) a release by one of the best companies out there, (2) diminishing physical releases overall, and (3) the existence of people on this board (and probably every board) who do some incredibly beautiful customized artwork?

Buy it. Enjoy the movie, which I believe is what this is all about, anyway. Slip in different artwork. Done.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Seriously, two (2) friends, individually, felt compelled to ring up a third friend this morning to say they're not buying a release because of the cover art?

I think my collection would be half its size if that were such a concern.

What kind of customer stance is that these days, in the face of (1) a release by one of the best companies out there, (2) diminishing physical releases overall, and (3) the existence of people on this board (and probably every board) who do some incredibly beautiful customized artwork?

Listen, we all complain about the artwork. It's just one of the things we discuss as hobbyists and I think it's a legit concern.

However, completely agree with your post, Charles.

I have never abstained from purchasing a disc because I hated the artwork.

I have downloaded alternate artwork from those who do incredible work.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Agree. I've done it, too. And there's plenty more in my collection that I could be changing out if I had the time and energy to focus on that. :)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I've been waiting for this on blu for what seems forever. Couldn't give a rat's arse about the cover. I'd nab it even if the cover was all black with The Night Of The Iguana in white lettering and nothing else! Hey, I like nice cover art as much as the next guy but ..... really? :lol:

P.S. I love the cover art they're using!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
As a young lad I was watching the Adam West Bat-Man TV show on the American Broadcasting Company - first run (or original repeat). There was a promo that coming up next was an ABC plays production of TNoTI with Stafford (O'Hara) Repp - I assumed it was a sci-fi creature feature - which I quickly found out it was NOT! :oops:

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc

I think my collection would be considerably less than half its size if that were such a concern.

What kind of customer stance is that to take these days, in the face of (1) a release by one of the best companies out there, (2) diminishing physical releases overall, and (3) the existence of people on this board (and probably every board) who do some incredibly beautiful customized artwork?

Buy it. Enjoy the movie, which I believe is what this is all about, anyway. Slip in different artwork. Done.
That is what I will do. I love the film.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero

I wonder if people might loathe a movie but will buy the BD release because they absolutely adore the cover...

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Haha, I came here to post that I pre-ordered the blu-ray and also that I found the cover art particularly riveting and eye-catching (but I planned on buying it regardless.)

I usually like the vintage foreign ads more than some of the US ads, so I am not surprised it may have been inspired by a Belgium poster

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I wonder if people might loathe a movie but will buy the BD release because they absolutely adore the cover...
People can alwaya print there own covers a lot do according to other threads

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
But, please allow me to interrupt the artwork discussion with an intrusive comment about the movie inside the case...:rolleyes:

If you like exotic locales (in this case, a steamy, tropical environment with an endless beach and small hostels for visitors surrounded by macaws, lizards and unpleasant insects, this is the movie for you. Saturated with atmosphere, with a moody Benjamin Frankel score and rich black and white cinematography by Gabriel Figueroa (DOP for TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA, KELLY'S HEROES, and a slew of Mexican productions). I like this film a whole, whole lot, for whatever that's worth.

Couldn't care less what the cover art looks like. This is a WAC release...the movie will look just great!

1666743821530.png

Was Deborah Kerr really that short?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Apropos of nothing, I had an Uncle who was furious that Ava Gardner was billed before Deborah Kerr because Kerr was an actress and Gardner a mere movie star :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks