What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
After the release of Our Man in Havana (1959), director Carol Reed was facing a personal crossroads in his career; he was fired from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer’s big budget remake of Mutiny on the Bounty (1962) following a quarrel with Marlon Brando and was seemingly on the outs with Hollywood. However, he did manage to land on his feet with The Running Man – no relation to the Arnold Schwarzenegger action film from 1987 – a return to the thriller genre which he made his greatest impact with The Third Man (1949). Long unavailable on home video, Arrow Video – through the Academy line – gives the movie its long overdue debut on home video.

The Running Man (1963)

Released: 01 Oct 1963
Rated: N/A
Runtime: 103 min...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Thank you for this review. I didn't much like The Running Man when it first came out and I was still in my teens. Your review has made me want to watch it again. I may well buy this disc.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Thank you for this review. I didn't much like The Running Man when it first came out and I was still in my teens. Your review has made me want to watch it again. I may well buy this disc.
Barnes and Noble still has it on sale (as of this writing for $19.99)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks